Talk

Advanced search

Where has quinoderm acne cream gone?

(22 Posts)
mcdog Wed 07-Jan-15 06:17:39

I have been a very loyal user of quinoderm acne cream for years now. I stocked up a while ago when it was half price in my local chemist, however, now it's run out and it seems nobody sticks it any more. I am bereft by the loss of this product, my skin plays quite a large part in my self esteem and I don't want to go back to large spots hmm

Has anyone got a source? Or could anyone recommend a good alternative please?

MrsMarigold Wed 07-Jan-15 14:09:11

I couldn't find any or panoxyl apparently they've withdrawn it from the market but if you know anyone going to the US you can get a Neutrogena cream that is pretty similar.

fiorentina Wed 07-Jan-15 15:28:47

I believe it was withdrawn unfortunately.

curlingandtwirling Wed 07-Jan-15 15:57:00

withdrawn shock

oh no i'm already squeezing the tube out. It's the only cream that stops my huge boil spots dead in their tracks.

VenusRising Wed 07-Jan-15 16:14:53

I use brevoxyl it's 10% oxy and has a moisturiser so it doesn't leave you looking all dried up.

I got it in boots, and also in an independent chemist.

Works wonders.ive tried neutropenia and panoxy10 and brevoxyl's the best, as you can wear it under makeup, and also slather it on thick at night (it even bleaches the tops of the oxidised sebum in the pores on my nose (sebaceous filaments) so my skin looks amazing!!

VenusRising Wed 07-Jan-15 16:28:20

With linky

I use brevoxyl it's 10% oxy and has a moisturiser so it doesn't leave you looking all dried up.

I got it in boots, and also in an independent chemist.

Linky brevoxyl

Works wonders.
I've tried neutropenia and panoxy10 and brevoxyl's the best, as you can wear it under makeup, and also slather it on thick at night (it even bleaches the tops of the oxidised sebum in the pores on my nose (sebaceous filaments) so my skin looks amazing!!

FelixFelix Wed 07-Jan-15 16:33:25

Interesting about brevoxyl. Did you just buy it over the counter?

I was gutted when they discontinued Panoxyl sad Quinoderm never did the trick for me. I have epiduo prescribed for me from the GP which doesn't seem to work either!

CleanLinesSharpEdges Wed 07-Jan-15 16:38:18

Wasn't Panoxyl only reintroduced about a year ago? Has it been withdrawn again?

FelixFelix Wed 07-Jan-15 21:13:53

Oh I stopped using it in 2012/2013 so maybe not then!

MrsMarigold Thu 08-Jan-15 09:10:52

I saw some Panoxyl awhile back but it was 10 which is too strong for me. I liked 2.5, after the Neutrogena I bought in the states ran out I bought something called Acnecide online (it's 2.5% benoxyl peroxide and about £10) but I'm a little sceptical about it. I also tried Freederm which was total rubbish.

Yesterday I saw an article in the Daily Fail about something called Silver Serum - anyone here tried it?

Erratic skin is such a pain, what do you all cleanse and moisturise with? I'm struggling a bit now I'm getting wrinkles as well as spots confused

FelixFelix Thu 08-Jan-15 09:28:07

Marigold I keep it as simple as possible and use castille soap to wash and then I have been using Eucerin moisturiser when my skin is really dry. I need to find a new moisturiser though as the dryness isn't as bad recently and I think Eucerin isn't right for me any more.

I saw the article about silver cream too but I think my acne is a lot different to the woman in the pictures.

MrsMarigold Thu 08-Jan-15 10:05:59

Me too, mine looks nothing like hers.

Moisturiser is really tricky, I need it but it's so hard to find an agreeable one - my mum had dreadful skin far worse than mine but she swears by Bio Oil as a moisturiser - I'm a bit nervous to try it. I can't believe she went through menopause nearly 25 years ago as her skin is lovely and plump and smooth on her face so maybe it might be worth a shot.

FelixFelix Thu 08-Jan-15 19:19:27

I wouldn't be keen on putting that on my face! I know a few people use it though.

Weirdly I just checked my emails and got an email from chemist direct saying they have Panoxyl back in stock! Freaky grin

MrsMarigold Fri 09-Jan-15 10:16:00

great thanks for the tip off!

TheWordFactory Fri 09-Jan-15 10:21:44

The ingredient benoxyl peroxide is no longer available in the UK.

So no Quinoderm, Panoxyl etc. over the counter.

However, it is still widely available in the US at both 5% and 10%. I bought five tubes for DS when we went to Miami at Half Term.

I got Persa-gel 10 by Clean and Clear. I bet you can oorder it from t'internet.

TheWordFactory Fri 09-Jan-15 10:22:46

Here it is www.cleanandclear.com/acne-treatments/persa-gel-10-benzoyl-peroxide-acne-medication

Bonsoir Fri 09-Jan-15 12:42:44

If you are in France, Cutacnyl by the Galderma laboratory does a range of benzoyl peroxide creams. Ask in a pharmacy.

MrsMarigold Fri 09-Jan-15 18:39:11

thanks so much

mcdog Sat 10-Jan-15 07:41:22

Thank you everyone for your replies, I'm really sorry for going AWOL, struck down with noro sad will try benoxyl mentioned above and report back!!

gcorish Tue 04-Aug-15 23:37:22

You can still get benzoyl peroxide in the UK. I bought a 5% cream today called Acnecide which I think was mentioned earlier in the thread after I too went looking for Quinoderm only to find it all sold out in Boots. Shall give this a try and see if it's any good...

MrsMarigold Wed 05-Aug-15 08:34:33

Acnecide is great and I'm now using it every night, and have found Clarins Marula Oil Face Melt, Micellar water and Effaclar Duo - skin is flawless.

AlwaysForeverYoung123456 Wed 02-Mar-16 13:08:08

It has NOT been discontinued. The manufacturers have a problem with E.U. RED TAPE. So it is temporarily unavailable. See the following link for an explanation www.quinoderm.co.uk/where-to-buy. Another reason to vote OUT in the forthcoming referendum BREXIT.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now