Talk

Advanced search

Would love some opinions on this dress, for my 30th birthday 'party'

(8 Posts)
ShadowsCollideCantLogInToMN Tue 06-Jan-15 22:39:49

I'm going to dinner with the family for my 30th, to a lovely restaurant. Will be getting quite dressed up. I usually live in black and grey, so want to opt for something a bit different. Thinking of ollieandmac.com/product/pink-ivy-dress/

My Mum thinks that it is amazing, though she loves sparkles and thinks that I ought to wear more colours, so it would appeal to Mum.

What do you all think?

Iloveredvelvetcake Tue 06-Jan-15 22:44:50

Lovely dress and I do like the sparkles. Are you comfortable with it being so short? Seems more like a clubby dress than a sophisticated dinner dress with family IMHO. I don't often wear short dresses so I wouldn't go for something like this. Any chance to try it on?

ShadowsCollideCantLogInToMN Tue 06-Jan-15 22:58:54

Can't try it on as the physical store is in completely the opposite direction to my work.

There's no way to say this without sounding like an arsehole, but the restaurant is more 'trendy' than sophisticated. It's not a pull out the patron's chair and place a napkin in their lap kind of place. More cocktails and long waiting lists.

burnishedsilver Tue 06-Jan-15 23:09:19

What height are you? It says best suited to 5ft4 and under. I think it is very very short. They don't usually make such a point of stating that a dress is a 'short mini'. The colour is great.

JeanSeberg Tue 06-Jan-15 23:11:34

Lovely dress, wrong occasion.

Lucked Tue 06-Jan-15 23:19:01

I think too short but love the colours and the shoulders, I am 5'10 so I wonder if I could wear it as a top

ShadowsCollideCantLogInToMN Tue 06-Jan-15 23:31:07

I'm 5' 9". Though I reckon that the model in the photo definitely isn't 5' 4", so it might not be too short. Fuck. Would I be better off cutting my losses and finding a different dress to wear?

GoodEggMightMaterialiseAnytime Tue 06-Jan-15 23:38:47

Just get it and return it if it's too short. I do live it though.
Virgos Lounge do dresses in a similar kind of style with lots of shoulder embellishment and bold colours but a variety of different length dresses so might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now