Talk

Advanced search

S&B on a budget

(13 Posts)
myotherusernameiswittyandgreat Tue 06-Jan-15 21:57:27

What are your best budget tips when it comes to S&B?

Mine would be:
I love Primark for scarves
Nivea moisturiser - I use it instead under my foundation. It isn't greasy and lasts ages. It's also £2 a pot from Asda!!

StrikesMatches Tue 06-Jan-15 22:51:19

I've just posted on another thread about my Poundland liquid eyeliner

frankietwospots Tue 06-Jan-15 22:54:03

Superdrug's Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser - www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-With-Muslin-Cloth-150ml/p/516251#.VKxnUyusWAg - especially when it's on a better than half price offer as it is at the moment.

I also use the Superdrug hot cloth cleanser. I used Liz Earle for years but am as happy with Superdrug tbh.
Would also recommend Lanacane instead for primer. It's a third of the price of most primers.

Also suggest buying second hand clothes. Helps of course if you live somewhere with good charity and second hand shops.

myotherusernameiswittyandgreat Wed 07-Jan-15 08:34:55

I forgot about superdrug. Their makeup ranges are very good value too.

peasandlove Wed 07-Jan-15 09:34:55

MUA makeup, I just bought something like 7 products for 20 quid

Wellieswithaholein Wed 07-Jan-15 11:25:10

YY to MUA make up and alcohol/fragrance free baby wipes for removing it, instead of those expensive face wipes.
I get mine from Morrisons for about 50p- loads in a pack.

Madaboutthrows Wed 07-Jan-15 12:44:13

Although I am yet to try all the MUA makeup I would advise that you buy the lipsticks only if you want to see if a colour like red for example suits you. I have not found them impressive.

Boots cucumber range such as the wipes and face wash are always a repay buy for me. I use the face wash in the morning and superdrug hot oth cleanser from their vitamin e range at night

Avoid false economies. It will be worth spending money on something you wear all of the time and therefore you need it to last compared to cheaper product that may wear out quicker.

Lottapianos Wed 07-Jan-15 12:45:33

Love a budget thread!

Superdrug make up - MUA as people have mentioned, NYC is also a good brand, BeautyUK lipsticks are great and only �3.45

Astral as a day cream for dry skin, Nivea as a night cream

No need for fancy facial/cuticle oils - sunflower oil is very cheap but effective

Coconut oil as a hair mask

Best whitening toothpase I've ever used is not even a specific whitening toothpaste - Oral B Pro Expert. Costs about �3 but is often on half price in Tesco

Madaboutthrows Wed 07-Jan-15 17:14:07

Oh and look after your shoes etc. getting them rehealed if possible will mean you don't have to splash out on new pairs

AmberNectarine Wed 07-Jan-15 18:30:30

Faux suede shoes look much more expensive than they are.

QueenCardigan Wed 07-Jan-15 18:45:16

Barry m nail Polish. Lasts much longer on me than a lot of more expensive brands.

Hopefully Wed 07-Jan-15 22:23:13

H&M for most things. Quality is good for the price compared to many cheapy shops, IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now