Talk

Advanced search

SAHM stuck in a jeggings rut. What else do you all wear?

(6 Posts)
honeypie10 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:18:23

I've been a sahm for 2 1/2 yrs now and in all that time I only ever wear jeggins/jeans with jumper/ t shirt in summer. I find I can dress them up with boots or down with converse.

But im at that point where I feel really scruffy living in them all the time. I work 2 days a week from home aswell so I have no reason to get dressed up at all in office clothes as much as i'd like, What else is there to wear.

I dont really do dresses as cant stand my tummy/bum in them. Dont suit leggings as I have to wear a long jumper with them again to cover my tummy. Im a sz 14, any ideas?

rollonthesummer Tue 06-Jan-15 21:22:55

I work part time, so do dress smarter then, but I I'm the same and tend to wear jeans every day otherwise! I hate leggings (other than under skirts/dresses when I wear them instead of thick black tights) as they do nothing for my stomach! Jeans seem to hold it all in a bit!

I do wear different jewellery and scarves though to jazz it all up a bit!

StrikesMatches Tue 06-Jan-15 22:28:21

I work part time from home (mornings), and I'm with the little monsters the rest of the time. I have 2 skinny jeans (1 black, 1 blue), 1 navy trousers and one black trousers. I have a range of jumpers and tops that go over any of them. I find the trousers definitely make me "feel" more dressed up than jeans do. I have one wrap skirt (plus tops above) and a knee length knitted dress that I wear with opaques and all of the above go with one of my three pairs of boots! I got a fantastic knee length leather skirt for Christmas and I need to find a way to make that an every day thing. Do you ever wear skirts? I find wrap styles are quite forgiving.

I really wish I could find a way to make sequined mini dress work for doing the washing up or playing with Lego...

mewkins Tue 06-Jan-15 22:57:10

I wear quite a lot of skirts with boots in the winter (therefore I am just in a different rut from you!)

I like stretchy jersery skirts and skater style ones, as well as a few knee length full skirts. All suit jumpers/long sleeved tops/ blouses and layers etc and the stretchy ones also look good with fitted check shirts.

In the summer I quite like a long skirt.

MilkThistle187 Tue 06-Jan-15 23:24:25

I think J Crew do them, they are always great for styling ideas

Sundayplease Wed 07-Jan-15 12:25:52

I am exactly the same op. I live in jeggings and have started to feel scruffy. I also get cold so find it easier to dress in the summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now