Talk

Advanced search

Anyone successfully managed to go from blow drying/irons to CURLY GIRL?

(6 Posts)
teacher1984 Tue 06-Jan-15 19:27:57

Interested to hear people's experiences!

Started on Jan 1st (new year resolution) and have been no-poo (devacurl) since. I can only wear my hair up as the top layer is quite badly damaged from irons and blow drying.

Does anyone know of a curly girl friendly intensive repair treatment?

Unless I can improve the condition I just know I'll end up resorting to blow drying as it does look better. Such a shame as the wave/curl at the nape of my neck looks great! How can I sort out the top layer??

Any advice greatly appreciated x

teacher1984 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:47:45

Shameless bump! There must be some straightening addicts out there?! smile

Hi I'm a Curly Girl! I've never straightened mine though, so I can't offer any advice on rehab. grin

The British Curlies website has a forum and if you're on FB, I highly recommend joining the group 'Curly Girls!'; its really friendly and helpful and I know a lot of the members were once slaves to the irons...

Good luck!

MyFirstName Tue 06-Jan-15 22:24:53

Are you rinsing too much in the shower? Particularly if you have a super powerful shower. The top layer can get the worst brunt of it and all the moisture/conditioner gets stripped stripped from there as you rinse.

Maybe try rinsing a bit less (feels weird) or rinsing upside down so the top of your hair doesn't take the brunt. Or take a small blob of conditioner and put on the top layer after rinsing iyswim

Hope all makes sense.

MyFirstName Tue 06-Jan-15 22:25:33

Sorry about typos. On phone

ForSaleChesterDraws Tue 06-Jan-15 22:51:38

If your hair is very damaged you might need a protein treatment. You might want to read up on it here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now