Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention experts - remind me what underarm overspill means?

(8 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Tue 06-Jan-15 09:36:35

My DH bought me a lovely Fantasie Bra for Xmas - with a little steer from me that I have a lovely 34DD in this brand already. He has bought a Rebecca - so moulded cups which is lovely and I would like to keep but the fit isn't quite right.
I am going to return it today and see if a different size helps but unsure exactly what the issue is - will a bigger cup size help or might it mean this style just isn't so good for me?
TIA for any guidance.

dementedpixie Tue 06-Jan-15 09:53:42

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html?m=1 - measure according to this to get an idea of the size you need

It generally means that you need a cup size bigger and to scoop, but it could also be that the wires are too narrow for you

Liveinthepresent Tue 06-Jan-15 16:18:02

Thanks demented I measure 34DD so I think it must be the fact that it's a different style to what I normally choose.
Statistically think you are spot on - having been into the store now I came to the conclusion the wires just don't sit right as 34E was too big at the top of the cup.
Came away with a triumph bra which I think works better - though I associate Triumph as being really middle aged? ... But maybe that irrelevant as I am actually in my 40s.
Thanks for input.

Freya-not the deco,curvy Kate, some fantasie and some bravissimo bras also have wider wires so will be worth a look

Liveinthepresent Tue 06-Jan-15 18:47:59

Thanks for that - interesting - especially as in the past I found wires on Freya too deep - maybe I am just a weird shape.
Am actually thinking I probably won't spend anymore on underwear for a while as although it feels amazing after pregnancy and BF to wear something lovely and have everything in right place I am hoping to lose weight and guess I may change sizes again.

It's basically a case of trial and error to find the right mid point

Liveinthepresent Tue 06-Jan-15 20:50:32

Yep the one I bought today would not have made an online basket on looks but actually looks good on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now