Talk

Advanced search

Best black eyeliner recommendations please.

(23 Posts)
DoItTooJulia Tue 06-Jan-15 08:12:38

What's your favourite?

Can be budget, mid range or expensive, I'm just desperate for ideas.

I've used the Mac pots with brushes, cheap kohl pencils, felt tip style, etc etc. looking for something new and amazing!

StuntBottom Tue 06-Jan-15 08:14:15

I love Avon's glimmersticks. I think they cost about £6 but are often on special offer so you can get them cheaper. Twist up pencil so you never have to sharpen them and they go on very smoothly so no dragging.

HellKitty Tue 06-Jan-15 08:22:49

I still swear by Rimmel for being the softest and best. I use the exaggerate which is a twisty up. It has a sponge and sharpener on the other end, I use the sponge for the Mac pots! And I love the Maybelline felt tip one for the top of my eyelids.

Apart from when I sneeze when applying hmm

Estee Lauder doublewear -gel pot type-applied with a mac angled flat brush gives great control. Also a fan of urban decay for both pencils and liquid

RojaGato Tue 06-Jan-15 13:39:05

Boots 17 Tattoo me liquid liner with brush. Chips as chips, stays put forever, very dense black colour, plus great brush. I like liquid liners with brushs, hate gels and felt tips. I have tried millions of liquid liners and this one is the best one I've found at the moment, including from much more expensive ones.

For a kohl pencil liner I like Dr Hauschka. Soft, lasts ages, smudges beautifully for a soft effect and it is a great tightliner too. Holds eye shadow well too, if you want to smudge in a bit of dark shadow with a brush for a smoky effect.

Whatever you do, avoid the Benefit They're Real push up eyeliner that they are pushing like crack just now. It is a pile of old pants.

LulaPalooza Tue 06-Jan-15 13:50:13

I second Avon glimmersticks.

I also like the Eyeko felt tip pen type eyeliner. I got it free with a magazine but when it runs out I will definitely pay to replace it. It's the best liquid eyeliner I have ever used.

GaryShitpeas Tue 06-Jan-15 13:52:25

The best I've found was from Asda from their George make up range

Really soft and stayed on the waterline

Not sure if they still do it though as not seen it in there for a while hmm

AmberNectarine Tue 06-Jan-15 14:01:06

This is the best I've used.

Siarie Tue 06-Jan-15 14:01:13

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/CHANEL+ÉCRITURE+DE+CHANEL/204523955,default,pd.html

Chanel's brand new eye liner, I used to use their old version this is a new version. Lasts a long time on the skin and is easy to apply. This version has a ball inside so it's like a pen whereas the old version you had to turn the bottom to push the product up. But it's a really good eye liner and great if you like being able to control the thickness of the line.

Siarie Tue 06-Jan-15 14:04:17

And here's an interesting review www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/chanel-ecriture-de-chanel-eyeliner-pen/

Enormouse Tue 06-Jan-15 14:11:50

amber I use the bourjois smoky effet liner. It's very similar to that - double ended pencil with a smudger/brush at the end. It's also about £15 cheaper. I love it.

I prefer pencils as I like a messy smudgy line.

Warmandtoasty Tue 06-Jan-15 14:12:14

I love soap and glory supercat eyeliner, it's a liquid pen and doesn't budge. It goes on really well which is great as I'm rubbish with eyeliner!

AmberNectarine Tue 06-Jan-15 14:24:34

Me too Enormouse - will look out for the Bourjois, thanks!

patienceisvirtuous Tue 06-Jan-15 14:31:55

Smoulder by MAC for kohl pencil.

Enormouse Tue 06-Jan-15 14:34:03

bourjois smoky effect eyeliner comes in black and a load of colours

LoadsaBlusher Tue 06-Jan-15 15:06:29

Rinmel Exaggerate Automatic Eyeliner Pencil - just winds up so no need to ever sharpen
Rimmel Black Liquid Eyelinerfor top lids - great staying power

DoItTooJulia Tue 06-Jan-15 20:51:25

Going to check them all out, thanks!

StrikesMatches Tue 06-Jan-15 22:39:35

I've never been able to master eyeliner until I was in Poundland, waiting at the till and randomly picked up a liquid eyeliner. It's amazing. It goes on incredibly easily for the utterly inept and stays put really well. I have really sensitive eyes and blink a lot so everything melts away, except this. I'm going to stock pile in case they stop selling it!

mewkins Tue 06-Jan-15 22:47:40

I agree - Rimmel exaggerate liquid is the best ever.

LadyB49 Wed 07-Jan-15 00:46:03

Avon commendations are brilliant.
I get mine on eBay for a couple of £s instead of on their website £6 + delivery.

LadyB49 Wed 07-Jan-15 00:47:11

Ooops....glimmersticks are brilliant.

coffeenut Wed 07-Jan-15 06:49:08

estee lauder double wear pencils. Smudgy/blendable but then stay put (even if you wear contacts and rub your eyes a lot like me).

Milmingebag Wed 07-Jan-15 07:17:07

I wear it everyday and have tried loads of different ones. I have to agree the Avon glimmersticks are the best by far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now