Talk

Advanced search

This skirt with this top...? Ok combo or eye bleach clasher?

(5 Posts)
AlpacaPicnic Mon 05-Jan-15 22:06:40

I literally have no idea how to match or coordinate clothes. I have spent the last 20 years in head to foot black. But I'm trying something new for new year...

But please be honest. I suspect I know the answer.

BiancaDelRio Mon 05-Jan-15 22:12:30

No not together. Don't wear mismatched patterns. A patterned skirt with a plain top or vice versa.

Honestly? I don't like the top.

But the skirt looks fine and would look good with a fine knit black jumper or an top in the pinky purple colour of the skirt.

AlpacaPicnic Mon 05-Jan-15 22:21:45

Ah, thank you bianca. So the different patterns are wrong together?
I'm so rubbish at dressing like a girl - that's the first skirt I've owned in about ten years!

I did wear it today with a plain black v neck Jersey top. My colleagues were surprised!

Greengardenpixie Mon 05-Jan-15 22:35:15

I tell my dh the rule as he is so rubbish dressing my daughter. Some people can pull of prints together but the best rule is if you are wearing a pattern then co-ordinate with plain. Try and pick out a colour that matches [ is within the skirt ] or try a contrast like wearing black. Sounds like you have the idea anway by what you wore today!! Goodluck smile

AlpacaPicnic Mon 05-Jan-15 22:40:16

Ah, thank you! I can remember that. One thing patterned. Nice and simple grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now