Talk

Advanced search

Laura Mercier Primer

(9 Posts)
Eastwickwitch Mon 05-Jan-15 20:13:28

I've just stumped up £29, please tell me I'm going to look like Cameron Diaz's much younger sister?
Could anyone tell me how to apply it? I'm late 40s with dry, sallow skin but foundation never lasts longer than 2 hours on me.

MyrnaLoy Mon 05-Jan-15 20:56:00

I got some of this as a free gift and I do really like it. I use it on its own (not under foundation) and when my freebie runs out I will definitely replace it. I just put it on with my fingers (over moisturiser). I also have (very) dry skin.

It doesn't make me look like Cameron Diaz's younger sister, but that's probably because I'm nearly 50.

Eastwickwitch Mon 05-Jan-15 21:02:53

Thanks Myrna, do you put it round your eyes?

MyrnaLoy Mon 05-Jan-15 21:11:52

I'm aware this isn't a hugely scientific description(!) but I put it on in the same way I put on moisturiser, so it goes in the same places. So that's a "yes" to round my eyes.

I don't use it on my eyelids though as I use LM eye primer, which is really lovely as a neutral base and doesn't need anything over it at all for a daytime "no makeup" look.

BowiesJumper Mon 05-Jan-15 21:13:56

If you google 'lisa eldridge primer' you'll get her video about primers. She talks about how she applies them.

Eastwickwitch Tue 06-Jan-15 06:36:51

The Videos are really good, I spent ages watching them. Thanks.
Cameron Diaz's DM

Coumarin Tue 06-Jan-15 18:24:25

Cameron Diaz has really bad skin.
Not being a bitch as I've struggled with acne in the past too and but she really doesn't have skin you want.

The LM is pretty good. I haven't used it for a while though so thanks for the reminder.

kerstina Tue 06-Jan-15 19:19:36

I didn't like this primer as it always seemed to find its way into my eyes and really stung the way some suntan lotion can.

Eastwickwitch Wed 07-Jan-15 08:38:59

So far it's quite good.
I applied it Lisa Eldridge style, smoothing on rather than rubbing in and my skin definitely looked better. No eye stinging, luckily.
But my foundation certainly didn't last all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now