Talk

Advanced search

Morning Routine

(13 Posts)
LillyJames86 Mon 05-Jan-15 19:26:10

I started reading this blog today mymorningroutine.com and it made me curious about what other peoples normal morning or day routines are like?
I always aspire to have a productive morning with time to workout and meditate, have a proper breakfast and spend time getting ready so I don't look so frazzled. But mostly, the mornings consist of me hitting the alarm snooze button three times or being jolted awake by crying dd, and rushing about to get dressed and take care of dd.

What are your morning routines like?

(sorry if this is posted on the wrong topic, wasn't sure where to post)

LesleyKnopeFan Mon 05-Jan-15 21:20:17

Force myself out of bed at the last possible time so as not to be late. Run around, panicking, hurrying/cajoling my primary-aged kids into eating breakfast/getting dressed/teeth, as they cannot seem to do anything without my continual instructions. I have, I must point out, got all their clothes out, made them breakfast and packed their school bags.

I shower, wash hair, skip breakfast, dry hair(ish), no time for make-up, clean teeth, forget to look in mirror and arrive at school looking frazzled. Kids are always on time tho........

I'm going to get up earlier tomorrow who am I kidding?

Wotsitsareafterme Mon 05-Jan-15 21:28:34

I try and get up before the dds and do make up in peace. I made a new year promise to myself that I will not start another day needing a shower/hair wash again and all that will be done the night before grin

hellsbellsmelons Tue 06-Jan-15 10:16:18

Alarm set for 6:30 - listen to news. Snooze for 9 mins then another 9 mins.
Get up and have a shower.
Downstairs, make a cup of tea and load/unload dishwasher if necessary.
Take OH tea up with me.
Brush teeth, sort out hair.
Get dressed, perfume on, jewellery on.
Get gym bag ready and leave the house at 7:30
Drop DD off at work then get to work for about 8-ish.
Breakfast at desk for around 8:30.
Usually fruit and yoghurt or toast and marmite or porridge.

Apatite1 Tue 06-Jan-15 12:15:54

5 am: get woken by blasted heathrow flight path

5:30 am: turn off first alarm

6:30 am: turn off sixth alarm

6:35 am: run around like headless chicken, still dripping from shower, putting on odd socks and bra backwards and run out of door like my arse is on fire

Breakfast, what breakfast?

ChablisChic Tue 06-Jan-15 12:35:27

6.30 Alarm, go and make a cup of tea for DH and me, take it back to bed.

6.50 Shower, wash hair, clean teeth.

7.00 Dress, do hair and make up (very short hair, so only takes a few minutes)

7.15 Breakfast

7.30 Leave for work

When I the DDs were small I used to get up 45 minutes before I woke them to make sure I was ready for the day - I can't abide rushing in the mornings.

appleblossom23 Tue 06-Jan-15 13:04:42

Lesley just nearly died laughing - are you me?!

Hopefully Tue 06-Jan-15 13:53:03

Alarm at 6:45 (assuming DD, 9mo isn't feeding, which she usually is). DS1 and 2 up with their alarm at 7am.

7:10 breakfast for DCs, gulp tea and sometimes a smoothie while they eat

7:30 bring clothes down and dress while keeping an eye on DD finishing breakfast

7:40 chase anyone upstairs who needs it, teeth brushing and dressing

8-8:10 wash my face, brush teeth, apply tiny amount of make up

8:10-8:15 feed DD

8:15 leave for school run

I don't enjoy my mornings atm, I far prefer getting up before the DCs and getting myself ready, am far more relaxed then, but DD is always in bed with us by then and just wakes if I get up early.

All clothes/book bags etc ready the night before.

ChablisChic Tue 06-Jan-15 14:02:20

I think how well you manage mornings comes down to luck really - whether you're a 'lark' or an 'owl'. I've always been a morning person and got up as soon as the alarm has gone off, so it's no hardship for me to get up early enough to have a leisurely breakfast.

When you have little ones you're obviously knackered anyway, but I always thought I'd rather forego half an hours sleep so that the day started (relatively) calmly.

Hopefully Tue 06-Jan-15 15:07:56

Me too chablis, am definitely a lark. I hate my current morning logistical issues.

bluesbaby Tue 06-Jan-15 15:23:22

I'm an owl. I hate mornings. I'm much more alert in the evenings, so get everything organised and plan what I need to do for the following day. If I'm making lunch, I do it the evening before (I work in an office). I work out after work.

bluesbaby Tue 06-Jan-15 15:25:00

Saying that, last summer I did manage to get up early a few times and swim at 7.30am before work. That was quite nice, but would never do that in the winter with the dark mornings. I'm thinking about commuting by bicycle this coming spring/summer, so that will be a nice start to the day.

RichardParkerTheTiger Tue 06-Jan-15 16:43:29

Up at 5 with dc.
Knob around.
Get them fed and dressed.
Beebies.
Take them upstairs while I shower and dress.
Peppa pig while I put make up on and do hair.
Sigh as it's only 7.30 and toddler groups don't start til 10.

Back to work for first time in years next week. All change, aaaaaagh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now