Talk

Advanced search

Smaller barrelled version of Babyliss BIg Hair styler - on offer in Sainsburys at £29 - but is it the same

(10 Posts)
Izzabelly Mon 05-Jan-15 19:20:10

I had ordered the bigger version from Boots - but I saw this bought it and took the other one back. Now is it as good as the larger version. I have hair just past my shoulders - fine and lots of it.

LuckySaint Mon 05-Jan-15 20:57:04

I don't know but i was thinking about getting one, so I'll mark my place for finding out.

CointreauVersial Mon 05-Jan-15 23:53:11

I think the smaller barrelled one (pink trim) is better than the original one (purple trim), well, for my hair anyway.

I have quite fine hair, now shoulder length.

ygritte Tue 06-Jan-15 21:04:05

Thanks Izzabelly, I've had my 50mm one for nearly three years and think it's probably due to burn out soon. Was considering getting another but couldn't afford it full price. Weird collection points though unless i want to pay £6.95 for home elivery.

indecisivedoctor Tue 06-Jan-15 22:46:46

I've had the big barrel one for years and it was too big for my shoulder length, very fine hair.

Just got the smaller one for Christmas and it's great! Suits my hair much better and also I think as PP says- they get "tired" after a few years use and this new one is great.

Set aside some time to practice though! Once you have the hang of it it's simple but takes a knack IMO.

magiandco Wed 07-Jan-15 11:00:42

Has any one tried one on very fine but fairly short cropped hair? I have the old big barrelled big hair which I use when my hair needs cutting and is longer but it is no good just after a cut (like now).

LuckySaint Thu 08-Jan-15 11:14:09

They're £19-99 now, I've just bought one.

everythingsgoingsouth Thu 08-Jan-15 19:37:47

is this a babyliss one or a sainsburys copy please?

magiandco Thu 08-Jan-15 20:24:39

I have just received mine from the Sainsburys delivery man at £19.99, (along with my groceries) and used it on my very short fine hair. It is in BaByliss packaging - the 2777U and called the Big Hair 42mm. I am very pleased with it, although it seems to have less spin power than my original larger one. I got a good finish on my half dry hair in minutes. It has a 3 year guarantee.
Thank you Izza!

melodycool Thu 08-Jan-15 21:01:25

Tracked one down in store today - bargain price!!
Hope it works on my very-thick-recently-bobbed-but-miss-my-uber-long hair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now