Talk

Advanced search

Is there a home remedy for brown stains on teeth

(8 Posts)
RowTheBateau Mon 05-Jan-15 11:10:47

I love my tea and coffee - my only vice. However I have started to notice brown stains on my teeth that dont come off with brushing

Has anyone got a home remedy that works to remove stains??

Try some bicarb neat on a damp toothbrush.

WowOoo Mon 05-Jan-15 11:19:42

Bicarbonate of Soda is meant to be good, but I couldn't really tell the difference.

Failing that you can buy peroxide whitening gel from Amazon. It was called Plus White, but I just checked and it's not available at the moment.
There must be something similar. It made my teeth feel quite sensitive, but got rid of stains noticeably.

Dancingqueen17 Mon 05-Jan-15 19:23:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PoppySausage Mon 05-Jan-15 19:25:01

Dremel! (I'm not actually joking, dp did mine years ago and it was as good as the hygienist!)

bluewisteria Mon 05-Jan-15 19:43:10

Pure coconut oil, swill it in your mouth for as long as you can stand. Works a treat.

Crumblevision Mon 05-Jan-15 19:47:36

I got mine off with a cotton bud dabbed in a bit of toothpaste. Honestly, give it a try!

Fatlegs Mon 05-Jan-15 19:54:17

I once made up Bicarbonate of soda mixed with whitening toothpaste, dash of water and hydrogen peroxide 6%, strung my gums abit, but definitely made my teeth whiter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now