Talk

Advanced search

AH Maxi Zip Satchel or LV Neverfull MM??

(16 Posts)
Littlepinkpear Sun 04-Jan-15 21:00:14

Soooo, the last three months have been awful. Properly awful. I've missed holidays and many nights out due to illnesses and a plague sweeping through my household. I look terrible and I've gained a stone.

Reviewing the books I actually have some cash that was saved and should have been spent by now. I've always wanted one if the two bags above and I just can't make up my mind. The AH would be in black or the LV would be black/brown squares with red lining in MM.
Any knowledgable ladies to able to help me choose? smile

dexter73 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:03:25

I love the AH. I'm not keen on the shape or pattern of the LV.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Sun 04-Jan-15 21:09:43

I absolutely love the Anya. But I bought the cross body version and having to keep unzipping the entire thing to get to my stuff bugged the hell out of me so I resold it.

Depends on your style - they're very different bags and with very different pluses and negatives I think! What would fill a hole in your bag wardrobe better? Would you get lots of use out of the LV? Would the Anya be your daily bag?

Camsie30 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:12:44

I've got the Anya maxi zip satchel and it's lovely, very roomy, almost too big though perhaps...?

Littlepinkpear Sun 04-Jan-15 21:38:05

Anya would fill a hole created my ancient black Mulberry Hobo dying.

I carry a laptop bag for work so no daily bag as such. Any bag also has to hold a nappy and wipes tub at the minimum as I refuse to carry a changing bag.

I would love a Neverfull in plain black but it's £££. I also am not sure about carrying such an open topped bag for security reasons. Hence the post.

Perhaps the smaller zip satchel would be best??

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Sun 04-Jan-15 21:57:37

The open top thing with the LV would put me off tbh. Opposite issues - one is too hard to get into, one is too easy! Plus if you have a baby , wrangling a baby / toddler with a bag that might empty its contents everywhere probably not a great idea. My friend has a Mulberry tote which is gorgeous she uses as a change bag but she stuffs it full and it's always falling over and stuff falling out.

The smaller Anya is too small for wipes and nappy etc. The big one is a beautiful bag - why not order it and try it at home? I think you'd know whether it is likely to work for you.

I have a Mulberry Mitzy crossbody I used as my 'changing bag' - it's easy to get into without being fully open, which I like. I wish the Anya had a popper closure so the zip was just for show, it'd be my HG bag I think if it did.

Littlepinkpear Sun 04-Jan-15 22:02:16

I've looked at the smaller AH and it really felt too small for my garbage stuff.

Time to sleep on it smile

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Sun 04-Jan-15 22:14:00

The ah definitely. I have one and love it, although past the nappies and wipes stage as youngest is 8.

I brought the ah maxi and the Chloe Marcie at the same time and I find the ah much more practical. This is the same/similar to mine m.anyahindmarch.com/View-All/Maxi-Zip-Satchel/Light-Grey-5050925871273.html?start=3

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sun 04-Jan-15 23:12:37

Fortnum & Mason have 2 black AHs in stock, on sale. I'd buy it there - lovely place to shop.

cardamomginger Sun 04-Jan-15 23:36:17

The thing that really pisses me off about the AH is the sodding canvas strap. Canvas rubs at fabric in a way that leather does not, it gets wet in the rain in a way that leather does not and IMO it doesn't look as good. For the amount of money they cost, they should be able to spring for a leather strap. Seems stingy to me.

Eastpoint Mon 05-Jan-15 06:03:08

I like the concept of the AH but the zip would drive me mad. If you go into a store they should let you empty out your normal bag & put everything into the potential. Do that, zip it up & then pretend your phone is ringing & that you didn't put it back in the special pocket the last time as you were rushing... What about a Tods bag? Otherwise I'd go for the LV as I'm not crazy about the AH leather on the maxi satchel.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Mon 05-Jan-15 06:07:04

I agree - hate those cheap canvas straps.

I saw this (cross body, not satchel), in black at Fortnum & Mason, and it has a leather strap www.anyahindmarch.com/Day-Bags/Cross-Body/Maxi-Zip-Cross-Body/Nude-5050925847230.html?start=57

cardamomginger Mon 05-Jan-15 07:51:09

Tods is a good idea. Or Coach?

Littlepinkpear Mon 05-Jan-15 19:50:16

Sorry full day! Whacked this evening.

I'm open to suggestions too. I'm very remote so anything would have to be bought online until I can get to London in March. Budget is £800 but flexible. I would like a black leather bag, with a shoulder strap.

No to the following brands - Mulberry (I have 3 large bags, no longer impressed by them) Marc Jacobs (don't like the metal plate logos on the front). No to Stella Mccartney, Orla Kiely or PS.

I like plain, understated and a little bit slouchy. I have too many small handled bags that I can't carry on my shoulder and have to stick them in my elbow and balance a car seat.

I've never really looked at Coach or Tods in the flesh, so would be guessing when buying one. I liked Chloe bags when I saw them up close last year too.

I'm a nightmare!!!! smile

Eastpoint Mon 05-Jan-15 22:20:40

If you buy a Chloe bag get it from somewhere like Harrods. I've had the stitching go on two, one I bought from a boutique & the other Harrods. Harrods gave me my money back the same day I took it in, the other store sent it back and eventually gave me a credit note after 4 months. Chloe bags weigh a ton, even when empty.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 05-Jan-15 22:37:17

Tbh although the zip annoys me, I think the Anya is unbeatable for the look you want. I think order it and test it out at home - return if not perfect for you. Just browsing around there's nothing as gorgeous around IMO. Marc by Marc Jacobs do lovely bags like that but cheaper in price and if you don't like the branding it's not for you but the Hillier or Natasha bags are great for a young casual look. But Anya much more luxe. I have this Anya bag for work and I love the luxe branding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now