Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Basic wardrobe for £300?!

(7 Posts)
pinkmallow Sun 04-Jan-15 09:37:02

I received some money for Christmas and want to use it to sort out my wardrobe. I could do with starting again so want to get some basics I can then build upon but have no idea where to start!

Magicrealism Sun 04-Jan-15 10:10:59

I'd start with great jeans - for me that would be a straight leg black Jean (I love the Jigsaw ones) as they can be worn anywhere dressed up or down.
A couple of silk shirts or t shirts.
A trench coat for Spring.
Some scarves.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 04-Jan-15 10:15:20

I'd do a virtual shop first ! Create a board on Pinterest and get some style tips and recreate from there ! Sometimes you can alter /add to existing items too ?! Then when you know that will suit you / your budget / etc go for it !!

Have fun !!

mowglik Sun 04-Jan-15 12:52:57

Oo that's a great idea oneplan..off to do that myself, more to consolidate my wardrobe bits and prove to myself I don't need any more clothes for a while!

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 04-Jan-15 13:49:09

smile Have fun !!!

I'd start with a pair of ankle boots, long sleeved tops, a couple of pairs of skinnies, a couple of jumpers and some scarves. Have you already got a nice coat?

JemimaMuddledUp Sun 04-Jan-15 15:20:49

It all depends what you need clothes for - are you a SAHM or do you go out to work, if you work what kind of place you work in etc.

I work FT in a not too smart office. My wardrobe basics are:

1 pair of jeans (ICHI)
1 denim skirt (Boden)
2 pairs of navy leggings (Monsoon)
1 denim tunic dress (Boden)
1 navy and white stripy long sleeved tunic (Seasalt)
1 light blue and cream stripy long sleeved tunic (Seasalt)
5 Breton tops - two navy with white stripes, two white with navy stripes, one light and dark grey (Boden)
2 pairs of wide leg trousers - 1 navy, 1 black (East)
2 fitted shirts (Charles Tyrwhitt)
2 cashmere mix jumpers (Boden) - these are quite warm
2 fine knit cotton jumpers (Great Plains) - these aren't as warm
2 intarsia jumpers (Sugarhill)
1 plain navy jersey dress (Boden)
1 print jersey dress (Boden)

But my wardrobe is based around what I need and what suits me. Which seems to be mainly navy and stripes grin

I also have a lot of scarves. And a coat. And some shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now