Talk

Advanced search

Gap 1969 legging jeans / Always Skinny jeans - fit?

(12 Posts)
inconceivableme Sat 03-Jan-15 22:42:02

I bought some of these in the sale. 28 reg was falling down my bum a bit and was a bit too tight for my liking. Tried the 30 reg in the shop and with my usual jeans belt they seemed fine. (Waist smaller than hips so always need a belt!)
Got them home, washed them then wore then for the first time today and they're baggy and bunching up at front and back of knees. sad
The calves are also a bit baggy.
Gutted! Is this how they fit or was I just unlucky with a duff pair?

Bought a pair of Always Skinny in 28 R at the same time. They seemed fine in the shop too but I'm now scared to take the label off and wear them!

WhereIsMySantaHat Sat 03-Jan-15 22:46:07

I used to be a huge lover of gap jeans but recently they've been so dodgy on the sizings and the waist button has broken on two pairs. The denim all has differing stretch so in one colour I might be a 26 and in another a 30 will be tight. How does that work?!?

My husband has also had the same issues with the men's range.

bluebump Sat 03-Jan-15 22:48:00

I had a pair of the legging jeans and they were lovely, not how you describe. I was given them so no idea what they were like from new but they certainly didn't bunch up around the knees by the time I had them. They were fitted but with a bit of give, very flattering.

creamoftomato Sat 03-Jan-15 22:56:17

Ffs I was actually going to post a huge moan about gap the other day because their jeans/trouser sizing has gone bananas.

I have a pair of the legging jeans in my wardrobe that are two years old - 32 inch waist - they are just a bit too tight (been keeping them all this time for when I lose weight but I had a baby in the middle garghh!) anyway that's beside the point! Anyway I ordered 3 pairs of bottoms from gap in 33 inch waists on account of this and had to send them all back because they are hanging off me. Literally like clown trousers. Bought DH a nice pair of trousers in a 30 inch waist and they too were hugely baggy, to the point where I can't even imagine what size he's supposed to be. Sorry this a bit rambly, feeding baby and typing on phone, but wanted to share GRRR.

LillyJames86 Sat 03-Jan-15 23:07:48

I would be careful about buying Gap jeans online because the sizing is really dependent on the type of fabric they use for each particular pair. Their sizing does run big, I am normally a true 26 but in Gap I wear at 25.

I had a stylist a few years ago and she told me that you should always buy jeans so that they feel too tight in the store because they will always stretch out - this advice has always worked for me!

plentyofshoes Sun 04-Jan-15 09:33:20

I got the gap legging jeans and they have been fine. I really size down though.

TheBuskersDog Sun 04-Jan-15 12:09:10

What dress size are you?

inconceivableme Sun 04-Jan-15 15:47:26

Dress size really varies. I have a size 8 dress in a non-stretch material from Next but am usually 10-12. Probably an 11 really! I should have sized down in these I guess but the smaller size was uncomfortable on the bum/crotch/ hips area whereas the 30 felt more comfy.

itsnothingoriginal Sun 04-Jan-15 18:41:02

I bought the Always Skinny in a 28 R too. I'm a size 10 and they are quite roomy on me. They've washed ok but definitely not a skinny fit (which is ok for me as not a big fan of skinny jeans anyway!).

Ujjayi Sun 04-Jan-15 19:47:04

I was going to post a Gap jeans rant too! I was persuaded by the assistant to buy size 26 in the Gap Real Skinny & Real Straight, despite my being certain they were a bit too tight at the waist whereas the 28s were fine. I have worn both pairs for a couple of hours each & they give me stomach ache confused.

I now remember that I stopped buying Gap jeans about 5 years ago for precisely this reason - being pressured to buy smaller because "they will give" ...only on me they stay the same size!

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Sun 04-Jan-15 19:55:27

I have the Always Skinny jeans in a 30. Will not be buying them again as they've gone so baggy around my knees and bum. Not flattering at all. Used to love Gap jeans but noticed that they now use polyester in the fabric mix and wonder if that's why they don't keep their shape.

inconceivableme Mon 05-Jan-15 09:13:43

Gah! Think I might return the Always Skinny in that case yellow....! There I was, thinking my jean woes were over too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now