Talk

Advanced search

Camisoles/vests that don't ride up

(18 Posts)
MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Sat 03-Jan-15 17:38:02

I am after a selection of camisoles in several colours to wear underneath my knitwear and to layer with other tops. I'd like them to be fitted and very very fine so as to not contribute to the bulk at all. I'd also like them to be long enough to reach mid hip, not just waist length, and most importantly, I'd like them to stay put, not ride up. I was considering these but as I need them in several colours, I want to make sure they're the right thing or perhaps learn of your recommendations? www.jigsaw-online.com/products/modal-long-lace-vest-2110

AllBuggiedOut Sat 03-Jan-15 18:27:48

I live in these Zara ones. Bigger selection of colours in store. I usually wear a size 10 and buy these in medium. Good length, fitted but not too clingy, no ride up!

MegMogandOwlToo Sat 03-Jan-15 18:28:55

Primark! Only £2, long line, don't ride up and are fitted.

AtlanticDrift Sat 03-Jan-15 18:29:36

What about a body suit?

AllBuggiedOut Sat 03-Jan-15 18:33:18

I've got a cotton one from Primark - on the plus side it doesn't ride up and has adjustable straps but it's very long and 'cos it's cotton other fabrics tend to "stick" to it IYKWIM. Also find the straps a bit thin and underwear like to wear on its own.

MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Sat 03-Jan-15 19:02:12

No Primark near me, should have said I need to buy online. I'll check Zara, thanks, any others?

Marylou2 Sat 03-Jan-15 19:46:55

M&S do extra long camisoles/vests

BikeRunSki Sat 03-Jan-15 19:50:59

M&S or Landsend, Pima Cotton range from both. Lovrly fabric and lasts forever.

Moleyjay Sat 03-Jan-15 19:52:42

I would recommend H&M. Their vests are long, thin and come in a range of colours.

Gem124 Sat 03-Jan-15 20:37:57

Definitely second H&M. They wash really well too x

Galvanized Sat 03-Jan-15 20:39:48

M & S - the ones that are two for £8. Lots of colours, long lasting, don't ride up.

MincePiesPiesPiesPies Sat 03-Jan-15 21:07:00

H&M. I have masses of them. Long length, fine, tight enough fitting, lots of different colours, last a long time.

Bartlebee Sat 03-Jan-15 21:13:05

H&M!

Really long, but really massive too, so size down.

Branleuse Sat 03-Jan-15 21:14:23

size up if its riding up

beanandspud Sat 03-Jan-15 22:56:57

Next have longline ones in a number of different colours. I have never had any problems with them riding up.

MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Sun 04-Jan-15 09:52:05

I'll be checking all your suggestions, many thanks. Anybody know what Gap tall vests are like? Branleuse sizing up wouldn't work because then the vest would stop being like a second skin and the straps will probably keep on falling which is annoying.

PingPongBat Sun 04-Jan-15 10:52:43

OP I have 3 of those Jigsaw ones (JL had them in the sale grin) and they are brilliant. IME they don't ride up, are stylish enough to show under another top, lovely and silky to the touch, and smart enough to wear on their own in the summer.

Charitybag Sun 04-Jan-15 10:58:11

I've quite a few of the longer ones from Matalan. They have never ridden up on me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now