Talk

Advanced search

Blusher that stays put?

(18 Posts)
TheSecretCervix Sat 03-Jan-15 16:02:49

Any recommendations for a blusher that doesn't come off after an hour?

OHolyShite Sat 03-Jan-15 16:07:41

For a treat: Nars or MAC.

Budget: Sleek is my favourite drugstore brand for blusher. Currently obsessed with their Pomegranate shade. Super pigmented so a light touch is required but gorgeous colour.

Their Rose Gold is a dupe for Nars Orgasm too (both too glittery for me but a testament to the quality of Sleek).

gonegrey56 Sat 03-Jan-15 17:33:18

Liz Earle's powder blushes . Long lasting but never go cakey . Big colour range too .

Benetint

Lorelei353 Sat 03-Jan-15 17:36:42

I find powder blushes don't last as well as creme one do. I have a lovely Chantecaille one that's a great day-to-day one that lasts really well.

OHolyShite Sat 03-Jan-15 17:38:47

Oh and the Daniel Sandler Watercolour blushes are also fab. Wee bottles of highly pigmented liquid. You just pop a bit on the back of your hand and apply with a brush.

purpleapple1234 Sat 03-Jan-15 17:48:05

I use a cheapy cream blusher from George (Asda) - great colour. Stays put ALL day. I suspect it is because at the same time that I switched blusher I tried the prime-powder-foundation "sandwich". That is powder under your foundation. Foundation (boots p&p - alright-ish) and anything on top stays all day.

MooMinCow Sat 03-Jan-15 18:17:20

Tarte Amazon Clay 12hr powder blushes. QVC stock them I think, they do not budge at all!

pinkfrocks Sat 03-Jan-15 18:23:23

Bobbi Brown powder blusher lasts - sometimes I look overdone after using it because it seems to look brighter as the day wears on.
Wasn't so keen on her Pot Rouge because it was greasy and melted but it has been reformulated.

bloomingheather Sat 03-Jan-15 18:33:10

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge is a lovely cream blusher - highly pigmented and lasts well.

Megglevache Sat 03-Jan-15 18:33:19

Nars- deep throat

bloomingheather Sat 03-Jan-15 18:41:07

Another good one is the Tom Ford Cheek Colour. You only need a tiny bit as it is so highly pigmented - I love it, although it is very expensive.

TallulahBetty Sat 03-Jan-15 19:58:45

I swear by the Bourjois ones or the MUA £1 ones from Superdrug.

Fabulassie Sat 03-Jan-15 20:34:14

I second the suggestion to use powder under foundation. I do moisturiser - powder - foundation. My whole face lasts all day now.

Dawndonnaagain Sat 03-Jan-15 20:55:51

I like Mac. Doesn't move.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 03-Jan-15 22:08:12

Laura Geller Roseberry (QVC) - non sparkling , and the exact shade for my skin.

Sleek Rose Gold is nice but way too much gold. I have to apply then buff.

frankietwospots Sat 03-Jan-15 22:31:57

Another vote for Bobbi Brown pot rouge. After several years, I've only just realised that I've been applying it wrong. I was swiping it and basically rubbing it off and recently saw some BB videos on YouTube (from Lorraine Kelly show) where the make up artist pats it on with her fingers. Hey presto, I have rediscovered my pot rouge! Pale Pink is lovely for a natural flush.

TheSecretCervix Sat 03-Jan-15 23:07:14

Thank you everyone smile so many here to choose from! I wear a mineral make up in the day but will definitely try the powder and foundation tip for an evening out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now