Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone fancy helping me find a wedding dress?

(13 Posts)
RoseberryTopping Sat 03-Jan-15 12:08:00

So, after coming up 5 years of being engaged DP has finally accepted we won't be having the big fancy show off wedding of his dreams and we've booked the local registry office for May this year smile
Now I need to get a wiggle on and find a dress!
I don't want a typical wedding dress but then I'm not too sure what I do want. We've got 2 kids already so I think I'd look daft stood there pretending to be a virgin in white!
In my mind Im picturing something a bit boho/hippy. You know like with flowers in wavey hair. Either that or something a bit special with some sparkle to it.

I'm a size 12/14 at the moment but still losing baby weight, 5"3. Problem areas are short legs, wee bit of a tummy still and a big bum.

Can anyone help me with some suggestions? smile

ZaraW Sat 03-Jan-15 12:29:49

Congratulations. Ghost always do great dresses at reasonable prices

www.ghost.co.uk/occasion-wear/dresses?viewAll=True

Ujjayi Sat 03-Jan-15 12:31:24

What is the budget?

Your hippy concept sounds gorgeous. If you want floaty, do you need to accommodate support within it? ie not too strappy/low backed to accommodate bra etc?

Ghost would be my first suggestion. Stunning bias cut dresses & they usually have a sale section to their website. Also often appear in TK Maxx these days too.

christmaspies Sat 03-Jan-15 12:36:39

Ghost was my first thought too.

ScooseIsLoose Sat 03-Jan-15 12:38:32

this could work?
or this?

christmaspies Sat 03-Jan-15 12:43:57

Scouse both those monsoon dresses are gorgeous. I want to get married again!

RoseberryTopping Sun 04-Jan-15 20:18:24

Sorry, couldn't get on to post again! Nothing catching my eye on Ghost, don't think it helps I'm still undecided on what I want.

I saw this dress that I like but it's out of my size, and would I look too much like a guest?

If my dad offers to buy my dress like he did my sister then I would say up to £700 at a guess. If I'm buying myself it would probably be about £100 budget. Sorry, I know that's not much use!

I'm absolutely terrible at shopping, it's stressing me out even looking.

LovelyMarchHare Sun 04-Jan-15 21:09:33

Did you see Fearne Cotton's wedding dress? It was gorgeous. Maybe something like that?

Madaboutthrows Sun 04-Jan-15 22:24:14

I posted this last week. www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=17407909&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=&searchTerm=DP61400131&resultCount=1 a real bargain imo

Madaboutthrows Sun 04-Jan-15 22:26:48

Also a bargain www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Dresses/ALANAH-Botanical-bloom-print-maxi-dress-Pale-Pink/p/113394-59-PALE-PINK

Madaboutthrows Sun 04-Jan-15 22:30:01

www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Dresses/TARREN-Wispy-meadow-print-dress-Light-Pink/p/110628-58-LIGHT-PINK

Essexgirlupnorth Sun 04-Jan-15 22:34:39

Oxfam have a website with vintage wedding dresses some are very 80's but you might find something you like.
Seen some wedding dress shops with sales on at the moment so you might get yourself a bargain.

teething2 Sun 04-Jan-15 22:52:13

Asos have this on sale - and have size 12 left, though if you are 5'3'' would probably need taking up - preferably from the waist rather than bottom to avoid losing the detailing round the hem - but bargain price so dressmaker costs could be justified! www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Premium-Embroidered-Maxi-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4334743&cid=0

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now