Talk

Advanced search

Nail lotion for growth and strength?

(12 Posts)
HexBramble Sat 03-Jan-15 10:13:21

on my list of at least 20 things I'd like to tackle about myself one of the things on my list is nails. I've never had nice nails, they flake and peel easily and the skin surrounding them always a looks bitty.

I don't want long talons, just healthy pink square nails. Advice please!

nightstars Sat 03-Jan-15 14:21:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 03-Jan-15 15:33:04

Cuticle oil or Vaseline at night. (I have some OPI Avoplex oil that I;m determined to use daily. New resolution)

I got a Leighton Denny buffer (from m&S) that I use when I'm sitting on the computer .

I can only wear nail product when I'm not working (I sometimes use OPI Nail Envy on the Thursday night and take it off Sunday night)

YY to the file, they always break when you don't have one

HermioneWeasley Sat 03-Jan-15 15:50:33

Mavala scientifique here too, but I haven't had the dramatic results nightstars has, they have definitely improved.

Mouthfulofquiz Sat 03-Jan-15 15:53:22

I used Dior creme abricot which sorted my flaky pathetic nails!

Shop Sat 03-Jan-15 16:35:22

Leighton denny renovate cream once a week and Nailtiques formula 2.

TwoNoisyBoys Sat 03-Jan-15 16:45:53

The Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle seems to make mine grow faster, but not particularly stronger. I'm still looking for the ultimate product to do both!

Wombat22 Sat 03-Jan-15 16:49:51

OPI Nail envy. It's a clear gloss that makes my nails grow quickly and are lovely and strong. Been using it years but it worked from day one.

nightstars Sat 03-Jan-15 18:16:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dexter73 Sat 03-Jan-15 18:45:22

Nail envy works for me too. I also have the Leighton Denny renovate cream and like that too.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 04-Jan-15 00:20:57

The Mavala Scientifique- only to use on the free edge? What happens if you use it across the entire nail plate?

nothruroad Sun 04-Jan-15 00:38:23

Trind nail balsam and nail repair have totally transformed my nails - I used Mavala and Nail Envy and they both stopped working after about 6 weeks. This hasn't happened so far with Trind. Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now