Talk

Advanced search

Quick Q re Mango sizing

(10 Posts)
Chimichangaz Sat 03-Jan-15 08:03:22

Looking at buying some trousers and jackets from Mango - never shopped there before and wondering how they size up?

I'm normally a size 10 bottoms, sometimes 12 on top. I'm a 10r bottoms at Next, and 10p top if that helps anyone give me advice. I'm a 12 top at warehouse, 10 medium bottoms at M & S. Oh and I have a bit of muffin top so high waisted trousers better for me.

TIA

GiniCooper Sat 03-Jan-15 08:48:34

IME the sizing is a bit hit and miss.
I'd say the more tailored things are true fit as in a 10 is a 10. I've size 10 dresses that are a really perfect fit.

I have bought casual tops in size S that I've had to send back for XS and there is no way I'm even close to being XS.
They are very generously sized on that side. As in I might size up in other shops for cardigans or jumpers there is definitely no need in mango.

Can't comment on trousers as I haven't bought any.

IKYTWTLYA Sat 03-Jan-15 08:52:21

I'm around a size 10 (as in, and M&S 10 is too big but a 10 most other places fit) and bought some Mango trousers in a 10. They fit rely well! But they don't seem to have a standard length, you have to check every single pair you look at - the longer lengths (31in) are few and far between but do appear to be that length in reality.

I got two pairs for less than £15 each. Best trousers I've ever bought, I reckon!

IKYTWTLYA Sat 03-Jan-15 08:54:10

Oh, if you're a 10 bottoms in M&S you might want to try the 12s from Mango. I definitely didn't get the vanity sizing that Gini has experienced.

mrsnec Sat 03-Jan-15 09:02:08

I think their tailored stuff isn't as generous as the other stuff. I am an m and s 12. In mango I wear their jumpers and jumper dresses in a medium but I'd probably need an xl in a jacket same as trousers. It does depend on your shape.

Chimichangaz Sat 03-Jan-15 09:38:18

Hmmm. Wondering if I should order both 10 & 12 to be on safe side? My m & s 10 bottoms are to fit my waist, they tend to be a bit bigger round my flat arse...

trader21c Sat 03-Jan-15 10:40:23

I always fine Mango on the small side - usually take L when I'm a 12 in many other stores

lurkingaround Sat 03-Jan-15 11:18:32

Order both sizes. I think their sizing can be quite random. I've had to size down in trews, and up in other things. 'Tis most annoying, this random sizing.

plentyofshoes Sat 03-Jan-15 12:37:57

I have just returned a size 10 dress as it is huge. I found found it measures quite big.

burnishedsilver Sat 03-Jan-15 15:58:05

Totally inconsistent. I have items ranging from size 8 to 12 and they all fit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now