Talk

Advanced search

Leather handbag cleaning/repair in London

(5 Posts)
PontypineNumber9 Sat 03-Jan-15 00:06:30

I have a lovely Mulberry bag which is looking a bit worse for wear - it needs a proper clean and ideally some repair work too (on one of the corners the piping is showing through).
Can anyone recommend a reliable place in London that offers a handbag cleaning and repair service. I am in East London but work in the city so central is fine but not west/south west.
Thanks!

Carpaccio Sat 03-Jan-15 00:44:48

Mulberry do some repairs, such as changing the piping. You could contact them to get the price.

They do however not clean the bags. If you have not treated the bag recently, then that might help a bit - I've found it to help loads with my bags. Mulberry can recommend you products for your bag.

I'd have a look at the Purseforum (http://forum.purseblog.com/) for recommendations of companies to clean Mulberry bags - there are quite a few threads about good and bad experiences with companies.

PontypineNumber9 Sat 03-Jan-15 05:40:32

Oooh thanks! I will check these out.

noviceoftheday Sat 03-Jan-15 10:23:59

Try the handbag clinic too.

LAD1 Thu 09-Mar-17 19:43:55

Hello, although this thread is old I thought I would jump on to warn people from using The Handbag Spa. I have had the most awful experience over the last 7 months having sent my Mulberry Bayswater to them for repair. Not only was the bag returned in arguably worse condition than it went in (I am sure they would claim otherwise but I have photos to prove it) but their manner of dealing with my complaint has been most upsetting - very defensive and at times unpleasant. Finally, they had my bag for over 5 months in total. Please beware and do not trust them with your treasured bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now