Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend me a perfume?

(21 Posts)
LexieSinclair Fri 02-Jan-15 22:02:39

I like Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt and used to LOVE Davidoff Cool Water.
Can anyone recommend any other seasidey fresh perfumes that I might like? Nothing floral or heavy...

SlinkyB Fri 02-Jan-15 22:06:10

I used to love Cool Water and CKOne, and now wear Hugo Boss Orange most days. I'd say its fresh, not sure about seasidey tho.

LexieSinclair Fri 02-Jan-15 22:07:36

Maybe fresh is what I'm looking for and seasidey is too specific. Thanks Slinky, I'll give that a try.

SlinkyB Fri 02-Jan-15 22:16:39

I was complimented on it today, and it's not too expensive either smile

Will watch this thread to see if there are any other suggestions as I struggle to find perfumes I like.

Housewife2010 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:38:01

I have JM Wood Sage too. I'd definitely recommend Diptyque Vetyverio. It's fresh, woody and gorgeous. Have a look at the reviews and notes on fragrantica.com.

rocket74 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:41:32

Kiehls do a range of lovely perfumes. The fig or pink blossom ones are fresh and lovely. Vanilla is my fave though.

LeoandBoosmum Fri 02-Jan-15 22:57:52

Fresh Citron de Vigne or Fresh Hesperides:

www.fresh.com/US/eau-de-parfum/citron-de-vigne-eau-de-parfum/H00001536.html

www.fresh.com/US/eau-de-parfum/hesperides-grapefruit-eau-de-parfum/HesperidesMasterEDP.html#q=hesperides&start=4&cgid=null

They have a London store that will do mail order.

LeoandBoosmum Fri 02-Jan-15 22:59:56

Oh, and if you like beach smells you might like this:

www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Bobbi-Brown/Beach-10456.html

Apatite1 Fri 02-Jan-15 23:02:19

What's your budget?

My favourite seaside scent I wear a lot in summer is Sel Marin (Heeley) but it's not the cheapest.

thecatfromjapan Sat 03-Jan-15 00:36:15

You could also try Miller Harris "Fleurs de Sel" and l'Artisan Perfumer "Caligna". I think they are in ghe same sort of fragrance group as the Jo Malone.

I'm dying to try the Heeley perfume the previous poster recommended.

LexieSinclair Sat 03-Jan-15 09:17:51

Thank you, some great ideas here. Some of them possibly out of my budget but tbh if it's the 'right' perfume I could possibly stretch to it.
It's a shame you can't order testers, I don't live in a big city so would have to take a gamble on a mail order one.

Megglevache Sat 03-Jan-15 10:01:11

Most of the Aqua do Parma (non florals) remind me of Italian coastal evenings. I wear Colonia a lot and Assoluta. ADP are really generous with their small tester vials too. The notes are very Bergamot/fresh and green. I cannot wear heavy florals.

Megglevache Sat 03-Jan-15 10:02:02

Aqua DI Parma (stupid phone!)

Megglevache Sat 03-Jan-15 10:05:30

Im a massive fan of Serge Lutens and the fragrance I wear at the moment is the only floral I've ever been able to wear.

I wonder if you'd like this- it's very aromatic.
friode

Megglevache Sat 03-Jan-15 10:06:14

FROIDE! TwatPhone!

thecatfromjapan Sat 03-Jan-15 10:20:06

Lexie - you CAN get samples, of some of them anyway. There are websites that do samples. You need to have a look through the perfume-lovers thread for the addresses. Or maybe do a google search.

Housewife2010 Sat 03-Jan-15 16:36:05

I've ordered samples from surrendertochance.com before. If you register with them they often send discount codes.

LexieSinclair Sat 03-Jan-15 18:49:13

Ooh thanks for all the ideas. I have just ordered samples of the Acqua di Parma Colonia and two by Diptyque. Will keep looking for more.

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 03-Jan-15 18:53:58

Fliers de Sel as mentioned above and The Different Company Sel de Vetivert.

Don't be fooled by Martin Margiela A walk on the beach because that's a vile melony rubbish.

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 03-Jan-15 18:55:05

Fleurs de Sel not Fliers

meltedmonterayjack Sat 03-Jan-15 22:48:38

I absolutely love Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess (naff name but smells like a holiday in a bottle.) They only seem to bring it out it in summer though and when stocks have gone then that's it for the year, but really recommend having a squirt of it when it's in stock. And it's not too pricey imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now