Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone found an at home brow dye that actually works?

(17 Posts)
whatn0w Fri 02-Jan-15 20:39:27

Please share!

LadyB49 Fri 02-Jan-15 23:53:29

Scared to try !!

TheCowThatLaughs Sat 03-Jan-15 00:13:59

The eyelure one you get in boots and superdrug works, think it's called dyebrow

DerbyDoll Sat 03-Jan-15 09:50:09

I use Eyelure kit from Boots. You'll need a bowl of warm water, some cotton pads, some cotton ear buds and some Vaseline. I also use a small eyeliner brush to apply it as the one in the kit is useless. Use the cotton bud to smear a fine layer of Vaseline around your brows so you don't accidentally dye your skin, apply the dye and remove using pad soaked in warm water. I do several applications and only keep the dye on for a few seconds each time to avoid accidental scouse brow...it's really simple!

lurkingaround Sat 03-Jan-15 11:31:22

I use the eyelure boots one too. It's a doddle to use.

TheCowThatLaughs Sat 03-Jan-15 12:58:47

I don't bother with putting Vaseline on my skin either and I've never had a problem with skin being dyed. I leave it on for about 5 mins. I use the brown one because I'm pale and it doesn't look Scousey at all.

KoalaDownUnder Sat 03-Jan-15 13:20:07

I used Eyelure the other day, and it barely bloody worked! So disappointed sad

(Yes, I mixed it correctly. Left it on longer than the recommended 5 mins max. Reapplied. Made sure brows were clean & dry before using. Etc etc.)

Leviticus Sat 03-Jan-15 13:23:44

Refectocil works brilliantly. You can buy the entire kit for under £15 on Amazon. I clocked that it's the same stuff my salon uses so I thought I'd save some money and buy it myself.

Becles Sat 03-Jan-15 13:29:15

Another one for Eyelure from Boots.

The only thing that I found is that the dye needs a lot (about 5×!shock) longer than the instructions to set. Once you get the dye to gold though, it's blooming brilliant and lasts for ages.

squoosh Sat 03-Jan-15 13:37:29

I use the Colorpsort 30 Day Mascara from Boots. Mix it up, leave it on for 1 min and ta-dah, all done.

Piece of cake.

KoalaDownUnder Sat 03-Jan-15 13:53:35

Becles - what do you mean 'once you get the dye to gold' - or is that a typo? I'd love to know where I went wrong!

MsBojangles Sat 03-Jan-15 14:51:14

Second vote for Refectocil, the colour seems to last longer than the kits from Boots

FergusSingsTheBlues Sat 03-Jan-15 15:05:47

Colorrsmat for me too, although I don't think it lasts thirty days

Becles Mon 05-Jan-15 23:47:46

KoalaDownUnder

grin
Ahem - hold!!! grin The gold is a new unique style all my own discovery. grin

peasandlove Tue 06-Jan-15 07:06:13

eyelure, I leave it on at least 10mins

Eliza22 Tue 06-Jan-15 09:35:23

You can get the Refectocil one from Sally's Beauty Supplies. It's good but I bought the Chestnut one and it comes very orange! Not a good brow look. Need to get a different brown. Lasts longer than other brands, IMO.

GlitzAndGigglesx Tue 06-Jan-15 09:39:19

Eyelure. It worked on my lashes but couldn't see a difference on my brows as they're darker than the bloody dye! I'd buy black next time instead of brown

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now