Talk

Advanced search

Comptoir des cotonniers

(14 Posts)
trader21c Fri 02-Jan-15 19:42:06

Does anyone know how this comes up for sizing? And what the quality's like - they seem to have good sales!

MrsSkinnyLegs Fri 02-Jan-15 20:06:29

Fab quality, hardwearing clothes with a decent feel. In my experience, they come up slightly large.

southeastastra Fri 02-Jan-15 22:44:14

blimey £9 postage, that's too much!!

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Fri 02-Jan-15 22:45:35

Slightly large and not really made for petite ladies sad

southeastastra Fri 02-Jan-15 22:48:44

i was tempted by a leotard grin

trader21c Sat 03-Jan-15 04:13:46

It is best to buy from their stores - I've found that online if you need to return the item you have to send back to France at your own cost!!!

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 03-Jan-15 07:33:15

I think a lot of their stuff is good for petite ladies. The shoulders are cut quite narrowly I find.

But they use an awful lot of viscose which I don't like.

But did get a lovely navy leather jacket from there recently. Their returns policy is also a bit rubbish.

AuntieStella Sat 03-Jan-15 07:43:00

Far too expensive for me!

Even with a 30-40% discount, tops are over £80.

Pagwatch Sat 03-Jan-15 08:40:44

The styling is good and some items are great quality - jackets for example.
But the fabric quality is shockingly poor in most of their dresses/skirts which means that they look like a rag after a few wearings. I gave up a year or two ago and now only even bother looking at coats or knitwear.
Oddly their children's line was always much better quality.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 03-Jan-15 08:48:43

I agree Pagwatch. They use too much viscose in dresses which washes dreadfully but they charge as though it is silk.

trader21c Sat 03-Jan-15 10:41:42

They're owned by the same company as Uni qlo aren't they

thecatfromjapan Sat 03-Jan-15 10:49:51

These big companies tend to have vast holdings of smaller companies. The LVMH group is enormous, for example.
You probably already know this, but I'm just pointing it out because I think some people think this means that Uniqlo and C de C are the same outfit, trading under different names.

That said, I think the fabric quality has diminished since they were bought up.

lurkingaround Sat 03-Jan-15 11:21:36

I cannot get beyond their obsession with viscose. Horrible fabric, looks like a rag within an hour of wearing, and nigh on impossible to wash without shrinking or bobbling or misshapen-ing.

HandMini Sat 03-Jan-15 11:39:23

YY to a lot of viscose BUT I think they have some great dress shapes and pretty tops. I had a cashmere cardigan from there that lasted forever and didn't bobble - loved it. I would always buy in the sale, but then I would anywhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now