Advanced search

Comptoir des cotonniers

(15 Posts)
trader21c Fri 02-Jan-15 19:42:06

Does anyone know how this comes up for sizing? And what the quality's like - they seem to have good sales!

MrsSkinnyLegs Fri 02-Jan-15 20:06:29

Fab quality, hardwearing clothes with a decent feel. In my experience, they come up slightly large.

southeastastra Fri 02-Jan-15 22:44:14

blimey £9 postage, that's too much!!

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Fri 02-Jan-15 22:45:35

Slightly large and not really made for petite ladies sad

southeastastra Fri 02-Jan-15 22:48:44

i was tempted by a leotard grin

trader21c Sat 03-Jan-15 04:13:46

It is best to buy from their stores - I've found that online if you need to return the item you have to send back to France at your own cost!!!

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 03-Jan-15 07:33:15

I think a lot of their stuff is good for petite ladies. The shoulders are cut quite narrowly I find.

But they use an awful lot of viscose which I don't like.

But did get a lovely navy leather jacket from there recently. Their returns policy is also a bit rubbish.

AuntieStella Sat 03-Jan-15 07:43:00

Far too expensive for me!

Even with a 30-40% discount, tops are over £80.

Pagwatch Sat 03-Jan-15 08:40:44

The styling is good and some items are great quality - jackets for example.
But the fabric quality is shockingly poor in most of their dresses/skirts which means that they look like a rag after a few wearings. I gave up a year or two ago and now only even bother looking at coats or knitwear.
Oddly their children's line was always much better quality.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 03-Jan-15 08:48:43

I agree Pagwatch. They use too much viscose in dresses which washes dreadfully but they charge as though it is silk.

trader21c Sat 03-Jan-15 10:41:42

They're owned by the same company as Uni qlo aren't they

thecatfromjapan Sat 03-Jan-15 10:49:51

These big companies tend to have vast holdings of smaller companies. The LVMH group is enormous, for example.
You probably already know this, but I'm just pointing it out because I think some people think this means that Uniqlo and C de C are the same outfit, trading under different names.

That said, I think the fabric quality has diminished since they were bought up.

lurkingaround Sat 03-Jan-15 11:21:36

I cannot get beyond their obsession with viscose. Horrible fabric, looks like a rag within an hour of wearing, and nigh on impossible to wash without shrinking or bobbling or misshapen-ing.

HandMini Sat 03-Jan-15 11:39:23

YY to a lot of viscose BUT I think they have some great dress shapes and pretty tops. I had a cashmere cardigan from there that lasted forever and didn't bobble - loved it. I would always buy in the sale, but then I would anywhere.

pixelchick10 Thu 28-Dec-17 07:35:12

Yep to resurrect this thread I’ve bought several pairs of really good trousers from them always in the sale. I would never buy online though because of the difficulty of returns they really need to move into the modern age and allow you to take returns to their stores

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now