Talk

Advanced search

How do I organise my wardrobe into outfits?

(6 Posts)
MelenieBrewster Fri 02-Jan-15 17:56:19

I have quite a few nice clothes, but tend to just wear the same half a dozen items over and over again.

I 'd like to spend some time organising my wardrobe items into outfits - the clothes plus belts, jewellery, shoes etc so I can get up each day to a ready created outfit smile

This seems so simple, but I don't seem to be able to get started. Anyone do this who can give me some tips?

HarrogateMum Fri 02-Jan-15 19:29:05

I don't arrange wardrobe into outfits but do have everything similar together so all blouses, short sleeved tops etc, then jewellery in different boxes, big chunky ones, delicate ones, bangles, cuffs etc. then I find it easier once I've decided on one item (usually the bottom half) to sail through the wardrobe picking bits that go with it. Bog standard I guess, would be interested to hear if anyone groups wardrobe items into outfits. Will watch with interest!!

WipsGlitter Fri 02-Jan-15 19:32:35

I do work wear, going out stuff and casual. In theory it's all jumbled at the minute but plan to tomorrow.

I don't wear jewellery. I only have a few pairs of shoes so it's pretty simple.

LadyB49 Fri 02-Jan-15 20:01:30

All light tops together sectioned into colours. Same for jumpers.
Trousers all together on hangers.
Jeans rolled up like towels.
Shoes in shoe hangers from TK Maxx
Scarves all in a basket on top of the wardrobe.
Leave out underwear, tight, socks, the night before.
No actual outfits chosen but everything easily seen and accessed.

MelenieBrewster Fri 02-Jan-15 21:44:08

Thanks for that Lady Part of my problem is that I can't actually see the nice stuff as its hidden behind other stuff.

Twinklestein Fri 02-Jan-15 22:27:26

Spend an afternoon in front of the mirror figuring what goes with what.

The key is to shop in outfits - ie I don't buy a top if I don't know what bottom I'd wear it with - either something I already own or something I can buy at the same time to wear with it.

Then colour code your clothes - eg most of my autumn winter separates and dresses, tights, belts, scarves, necklaces go with each other - mix and match. Then I have print dresses with different colours on, which may not go with other stuff, but have their own tights, shoes, jewellery to create an outfit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now