Talk

Advanced search

origins skin care?

(21 Posts)
chasingtherainbow Fri 02-Jan-15 08:41:23

I used this range several years ago and liked it, but got cheap and lazy post dd and have been using high street crap.

Thinking of forking out for a new "system"

Do you guys like origins or have any other suggestions?

CMP69 Fri 02-Jan-15 08:50:00

I use their Plantscription range (am 45) and love it. It's not cheap but really suits my skin. Sadly I am planning a trip to town today to replenish almost my whole stock - serum, moisturiser, night cream and cleanser sad will be £££££

prettywhiteguitar Fri 02-Jan-15 08:58:49

I love it but I would say for the money depending on your age (my skin is starting to age) I would possibly mix it with dermalogica.

The reason is the moisturising system is fantastic but for the money you spend the cleanser and exfoliant just aren't up to other makes like dermalogica and for the moisturiser to really sink in and do it's job your skin needs to be cleansed properly.

At the mo I am using dermalogica cleanser and exfoliant and a Neal's yard moisturiser, the frankincense range. But I would easily use origins white tea range as it smells gorgeous !

Depends on what condition your skin is in. But I was using expensive creams without properly cleansing and not seeing much of a result, now I'm in a proper regime my skin looks much less wrinkly and old before it's time !

honeypie10 Fri 02-Jan-15 09:08:12

I was a bit like you op and used it regularly then dropped to a baby wipe wash after ds was born due to laziness and limited time for myself.

When I went back to origins stuff though it really didn't agree with my skin anymore, I used the cleanser and the serum, both irritated my skin making me break out in red bumps, so if you were to go back to it maybe go for a consultation first and ask for the little sample pots they give you to see if its still ok.

MaryMarigold Fri 02-Jan-15 09:32:32

I've just started using lush cleanser and moisturiser and my skin looks fab, all clear and glowy and hydrated. Am impressed...

chasingtherainbow Fri 02-Jan-15 09:40:20

Honey pie that is SO weird.

I nipped into JL and she gave me samplers of the products she'd picked for me to try for a few days before committing. I came up in red dry patches straight away and couldn't understand it. We were away at the time and I thought maybe the sea air had triggered my eczema? But now you've said that I'm wondering if it was the products. I've used them a bit the last few days and not getting it now.. but as I say they were only samplers and have used them up now so it's crunch time.

For those who asked about my skin. . Sorry, I should have said in my OP! I'm 23, I suffer from a relentless spot fight on my forehead and occasionally chin, since my dd was born 3 years ago it's VERY frustrating. I've been testing out the Origins 'out if the dark' blemish 10 minute mask (dotted on the affected spots, not all over) which seems to reduce the immediate problem.

I suffer periodically from eczema on my face, usually along my jaw line and near the eyes. This doesn't happen very often anymore but I'm conscious of flaring it up as it looks horrible.

This all said, I happen to think I'm quite lucky with my skin, when I'm not battling spots or eczema, my skin tone is fairly even, I like to keep moistured so it's soft and I tan well and hold a nice glow for the majority of the year. I don't wear make up every day so keeping this natural healthy glow is what I like to prioritise, rather than aiming for a good base for daily make up ifykwim?

I'm sorting out my diet which has also gone to shit since having dc so hopefully that will have a knock on effect soon.

Tia!

springalong Fri 02-Jan-15 09:44:59

I use the Origins perfectly cleanser. I really like that I can quickly wash my face and rinse off - I dont have time to be "tissuing off". I then use Estee lauder masks. I do use the origins ginger and gloomaway for bath /shower products.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Fri 02-Jan-15 09:46:04

The origins product I really like is the Drink Up Intensive overnight mask. I use it as a night moisturiser every night. I am older than you with normal - dehydrated skin.

I wouldn't buy a full "system" from one brand. They are often strong at one product (moisturisers for eg) and weaker in others. You are better off mixing the best products from different ranges which are most suitable for your skin.

chasingtherainbow Fri 02-Jan-15 09:52:53

I think I was attracted to the idea of one system/set because I have neither time nor monies to waste on figuring out what works best for me. . But I can see that like with anything, they are rarely the best or most suited at everything and usually mixing = the best for you.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Fri 02-Jan-15 10:08:53

I can see that. Tbh, it sounds like with mild acne and occasional eczema that your skin is sensitive and Origins products tend to be quite fragrance heavy, so perhaps not the best option. Something milder like Eucerin, La Roche Posay or Vichy might be a better place to start if you've not tried already. Often on 3 for 2 @ boots too but really good skincare for the price.

chasingtherainbow Fri 02-Jan-15 10:29:29

Ohhh okay this is interesting. I think maybe I should go to boots and have a look see.

They are indeed very fragrance heavy. I've been sniffing the zing products all week

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Fri 02-Jan-15 10:34:05

They smell lovely, no doubt, but probably too irritating to your delicate skin.

plentyofshoes Fri 02-Jan-15 13:46:22

I use the face scrub never a dull moment and it is excellent. My skin is very sensitive.

dorasee Fri 02-Jan-15 13:52:14

I love Khiel's ultra facial moisturiser. I am in my 40s, never get enough sleep, don't drink enough water, etc. but this is my bottle of joy. I always return to it. And people always say I have really nice skin. I do have lines but I really feel I owe the good quality of my skin to this cream... and an apple a day. ;-)

Pancakeflipper Fri 02-Jan-15 13:56:35

I cannot use it, I think my skin is sensitive to certain things and the oils in it seem to be too strong. My skin goes bright red and into hives. Thank goodness I only had samples.

I am ok with Liz Earle and Temple Spa (sensitive range).

Pancakeflipper Fri 02-Jan-15 13:57:35

Oh and Elemis. I love their moisturiser. That does work for me.

prettywhiteguitar Fri 02-Jan-15 14:00:04

Khiel's face cream is great, had the wrinkle one in the bronze jar for about 6months. Don't know whether to replace it with the artic rose one or the ultra moisturiser. There's a big price difference, although you can find bargains on eBay

Pancakeflipper Fri 02-Jan-15 14:03:54

Is Khiels ok for sensitive skin?

holdyourown Fri 02-Jan-15 16:10:42

Dr Weil range at Origins is brilliant for my skin (sensitive) and has really calmed it down a lot so I'd recommend it. I wipe off the cleanser with a tissue, not water, which has improved the dryness a lot and also use plantscription moisturiser which is brilliant. So I'd recommend it

chasingtherainbow Fri 02-Jan-15 17:04:16

I used the dr. Wiel mega mushroom range previous to dd and liked it. . But she asked me a bunch of questions and recommended the zing stuff this time. ..

I'm gonna nip to town when I'm child free, does anyone know where I'd find a lie earle counter? Just remembered MIL has practically been keeping them in business all her life and her skin is freaking gorgeous.

Pancakeflipper Fri 02-Jan-15 17:09:03

The John Lewis Partnership often has a Liz Earle counter. I think they may have the odd shop around the country but not near me. Otherwise it's the internet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now