Talk

Advanced search

Need a timeless leather jacket

(22 Posts)
GrandTheftQuarto Thu 01-Jan-15 22:23:47

I've lost a lot of weight and for my birthday my mum and dad have given me £300 to buy myself a jacket to celebrate and as an incentive to not put it all back on. Obviously if I buy one of those diagonal-zip biker jackets it'll look like crap in a couple of years' time. What should I get that I will be able to wear for years to come? I'm about thirty and busty but with no hips, and generally favour a more casual style.

tethersend Thu 01-Jan-15 22:26:19

I think a classic biker style endures, TBH.

This is a nice classic shape.

GrandTheftQuarto Thu 01-Jan-15 22:32:35

I like that - better with the straight zip, as I think that avoids tying it to the last couple of years quite so much.

I should say I'm currently a 16-18 or 14 in places like Cotton Traders but the jacket will be bought when I stabilise at goal weight or thereabouts when I hope to be a solid 14-16.

BeHoHoHove Thu 01-Jan-15 23:08:18

I have this one! it's gorgeous on.

BeHoHoHove Thu 01-Jan-15 23:08:49

I don't know where that ! came from

GrandTheftQuarto Thu 01-Jan-15 23:15:34

That looks like the sort of thing I'm looking for Be - much more versatile than a lot of the ones I've been finding.

This beauty?

Although I agree that classic biker jackets will be around for years to come, provided you buy one that hasn't got lots of 'fashion features' on it.

Behooven Fri 02-Jan-15 17:06:57

Lovely jacket remus

Wonder why the model is doing a knee bend?

GrandTheftQuarto Fri 02-Jan-15 17:24:20

That's nice, but I'm not too sure about the dogcollar effect round the neck grin

I think there may be a mint velvet near me, though it's probably only a little one. I'll try it and check it doesn't make me look like Elvira.

tethersend Fri 02-Jan-15 17:30:32

another Muubaa one

tethersend Fri 02-Jan-15 17:31:46

and another- love this one

I've got that MV jacket in grey, minus the studs. I just took the dog collar bit off.

GrandTheftQuarto Fri 02-Jan-15 17:34:08

Ooh, I didn't know it came off.

GrandTheftQuarto Fri 02-Jan-15 17:36:55

Thanks everybody for all these suggestions - I knew MN would come up trumps grin

tethersend Fri 02-Jan-15 18:03:15

Hello Remus smile

I saw a website I thought you'd like t'other day... If you shopped online, of course wink

Here. A couple of nice dresses on there.

tethersend Fri 02-Jan-15 18:03:36

Sorry for hijack, Grand!

GrandTheftQuarto Fri 02-Jan-15 19:01:39

No worries smile It's all good bumping. grin

Botanicbaby Fri 02-Jan-15 20:19:50

absolutely love the first one that tethersend linked to.

but am I the only one who thinks that the diagonal zip ones won't go drastically out of fashion within a few years? I think if they are quite plain and well-made they really suit those with a larger bust. Sometimes its what you wear them with that can make an outfit look dated.

Lovely, Tethers. If I was still 22 and a size 8, they would be very me! At 44, and a 12, maybe not. smile V cute though.

Behooven Sat 03-Jan-15 01:13:59

A 12 envy

A v wobbly 12! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now