Talk

Advanced search

Any luck with too-big shoes & inserts?

(18 Posts)
TheLovelyBoots Thu 01-Jan-15 20:04:49

Is this too big a gap to work?
I'd love to avoid an exchange, as I'd have to ship them to the US.
thanks!

AuditAngel Thu 01-Jan-15 20:06:23

Could you try the gel heel grips?

Iatemyskinnyperson Thu 01-Jan-15 20:10:00

I never had any luck with insoles/heel grips. Insoles reduce the space in the toe box too much, and heel grips plain don't work.

TheLovelyBoots Thu 01-Jan-15 20:10:36

My post wasn't terribly clear, sorry. My plan is to buy the inserts, but I'm wondering if this gap is too big to close. Maybe they'll feel perfectly fine with the insert, but then become intolerably big again as the day wears on? I'd hate to be left with the wrong size.

avocadotoast Thu 01-Jan-15 20:12:46

It looks too big to me. Are they flat or heels? I wore some heels to a wedding that were too big and even with insoles and gel grips they were falling off. Nightmare.

TheLovelyBoots Thu 01-Jan-15 20:12:49

What's a heel grip? I was worried about this, skinnyperson.

TheLovelyBoots Thu 01-Jan-15 20:13:19

They're flats. I suppose that counts in my favor?

MyrnaLoy Thu 01-Jan-15 20:13:30

That looks like quite a gap to me. I'd say may be a bit too large because, as you say, the shoe will give. The problem with gappy flats is that they end up very hard to walk in.

Can you sell them on rather than shipping them back?

TheLovelyBoots Thu 01-Jan-15 20:16:01

I could sell them on, but probably not for what they cost and I'd want to buy them again. I've been looking for gold flats for years!

LadyB49 Thu 01-Jan-15 20:16:39

They are quite low cut at the front so this might not work. I use foam, like a sponge, in at the toes or the front sides to push my foot back a little, and possibly also heel grips. I have very narrow feet and often have to make shoes fit.

Using foam is better than something firm like cotton wool. The foam is kinder to your feet and somewhat more forgiving as regards comfort.
This works for me but with boots and brogues.

Not sure you have enough of a shoe upper to give you space to play with as your toes are already on show.

MyrnaLoy Thu 01-Jan-15 20:19:01

Then I'm afraid LovelyBoots that I think it's back to the States and exchange for a smaller size...

LadyB49 Thu 01-Jan-15 20:19:51

If there isn't a lot of space in the toe box when trying insoles, I cut off the front of the insole and just take it up as far as the ball of the foot.

TheLovelyBoots Thu 01-Jan-15 20:19:53

OK, thanks everyone. I'm rebuying them (they've actually gone up in price since Xmas - unbelievable) and sending them back first thing tomorrow am.

divingoffthebalcony Thu 01-Jan-15 20:20:36

I've never got them to work. Eventually realised that if a shoe doesn't fit, you can't make it fit. And as Myrna mentioned, being flats they are probably going to slip off your heels even with grippers. Shame!

LadyB49 Thu 01-Jan-15 20:20:59

I think they are too big to work with successfully. Shame.

TheLovelyBoots Thu 01-Jan-15 20:22:29

Shoes are even crueler than jeans, it seems.

MyrnaLoy Thu 01-Jan-15 20:24:36

Yep, this is why footwear is the most-returned internet purchase. It's particularly cruel in the sales when an exchange is impossible <the voice of bitter bitter experience>.

Greengardenpixie Thu 01-Jan-15 20:46:51

I think the gap is too big and you wont be happy with the fit so they will lie in your cupboard!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now