Talk

Advanced search

Nail advice

(5 Posts)
witchwhoknitssocks Thu 01-Jan-15 18:52:57

I have very short flaky ridged nails, they are too short to look good with varnish ATM but I am fed up of the way I look (need to lose weight which I am addressing and generally don't look very 'looked after'.
I had acrylics once and when my nails were a bit longer had gel varnish done but I was wondering if there is anything other than stick on false nails that I could use or is there an alternative to acrylics that won't ruin my nails to use while mine hopefully grow.
I hope this makes sense TIA for any help

gonegrey56 Thu 01-Jan-15 19:04:40

I sympathise as my nails are also not looking their best . The cold weather and all the festive washing up and cleaning ruins them !
I am just putting a coat of nail strengthener on, together with soaking them in almond oil for a few minutes each evening . Then I feel groomed as they recover. I am using the OPI Nail Envy product , for dry and brittle nails . There are alternative products that others may recommend but I do find this OPI one works for me .

witchwhoknitssocks Thu 01-Jan-15 19:14:06

Thank you, I will look at the OPI nail envy, you're right about feeling more groomed if I actually do something with themsmile

TheGirlOnTheLanding Thu 01-Jan-15 19:14:50

I'm sure someone on here recommended Vaseline petroleum jelly every night to strengthen nails. I was just pondering it earlier as I looked down at my short nails as I've been getting splitting and cracks in the skin round them in the cold weather, despite wearing gloves and using hand cream.

witchwhoknitssocks Thu 01-Jan-15 21:54:00

Thank you I'll try that as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now