Talk

Advanced search

Painting toes?

(18 Posts)
confusedmumuk Thu 01-Jan-15 14:06:30

Conversation last night bizarrely turned to painting of nails. Turned out I was in a minority of one in that I don't bother painting my toes in winter - after all who sees them?

Am I alone?

Euphemia Thu 01-Jan-15 14:27:58

I do mine for going away in October, then don't bother again until spring.

StrawberryCheese Thu 01-Jan-15 15:04:32

I have festive red toenails at the moment. I don't always have them painted though, just depends on my mood.

DeadCert Thu 01-Jan-15 15:08:26

I always have painted toenails. It's my "must do" personal grooming thing.

I wouldn't say you're weird for not though.

Ujjayi Thu 01-Jan-15 15:17:03

I rarely bother in winter but actually I am going to add this to my "must do" list because I always feel more polished & groomed when they are done.

bonzo77 Thu 01-Jan-15 15:21:08

I only paint them in summer. If that. I had a fungal nail infection and my friend who is a chiropodist said to avoid painting them as far as possible, take colour off asap and all the more so for dark colours.

confused79 Thu 01-Jan-15 15:21:42

I always have painted toe nails, on fact been with partner for 8 years and he's never seen me without my toenails. And probably only chipped a few times.
That's just me though, I like them done so I feel a little girly when I'm looking rough and tomboyish, like I always do, lol.

happyfeet1 Thu 01-Jan-15 15:23:54

I'm the same as Ujjayi!

confusedmumuk Thu 01-Jan-15 15:25:12

I kind of know what you mean - if they are painted even if I've got boots and socks on I feel a bit more girly! It's just the effort to do it each week when no one will see my bare feet!

Might make it NY resolution?!!!

dexter73 Thu 01-Jan-15 19:19:44

I usually paint my toe nails in the winter but decided to give them the winter off this year. I know no-one else sees them but me but I don't paint them for other peoples benefit, I just do it because I like to.

arlagirl Thu 01-Jan-15 19:21:43

I paint mine all year round.
And have a Brazilian every 6 weeks. Even though only I know.grin

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 01-Jan-15 19:30:55

Always have mine done once every 6 weeks , gelish so it lasts and looks neat .

Skinheadmermaid Thu 01-Jan-15 22:57:39

I always have painted toenails because I do a lot of barefoot martial arts so they're always on display.
Plus my toenails are horribly bruised so it hides the marks!

bluesbaby Thu 01-Jan-15 23:39:28

Mine are on display all year round because of sports. If 10+ people each week didn't see my feet I would give them a bit of a break!

Bunbaker Fri 02-Jan-15 17:12:56

I get really cold feet so they are covered in socks or tights except during the summer months, so I don't bother painting them unless they are on show. It can't be healthy for the nails to have nail varnish on them all the time.

polyhymnia Fri 02-Jan-15 17:19:34

I too like them to have a 'rest ' from polish etc in winter.

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Fri 02-Jan-15 17:24:07

Give mine a rest in winter too, but wear polish on them about April to Sept. Tend to rest fingernails in summer, just buff a bit and polish for special occasions but darks and brights through the winter.

dexter73 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:47:21

I have had no nail varnish on my toes for 3 1/2 months now and they look and feel no different. Guess the years of nail varnish hasn't been too bad for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now