Talk

Advanced search

Come talk to me about multiway dresses...

(8 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Wed 31-Dec-14 14:40:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWolowitz Thu 01-Jan-15 11:20:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

d0ttyne11 Thu 01-Jan-15 11:23:55

That does look a bit of a faff to me and if you are slim you might end up with a lot of excess material. They do remind me of bridesmaid dresses a bit - I think there's a made (two little birds so something) that do them from the states in a range of colours. May be worth a goggle.

hydeparkhottie Thu 01-Jan-15 12:08:56

I have a friend who always buys stuff like this...and she always looks like the cat has dragged her in.

Now, this particular friend finds herself very very fashionable and 'on trend'. Although, I could not disagree more about this--her self confidence and personality make up for the way she dresses. (She doesn't realize her personality is why people think she is hot/gorgeous.)

All her friends talk about how amazing she is while being the worst dresser we have ever come across.

or maybe we're the ones with the bad taste.

I did take this dress out of her wardrobe and ask her husband to burn it, who also agreed it was one of the most awful things he's ever witnessed her purchase.

She wore it to every large event last year in a different 'style'.

SavoyCabbage Thu 01-Jan-15 12:11:35

It looks like she works at a themed restaurant to me.

iklboo Thu 01-Jan-15 12:15:07

I got a Grecian style dress from Amazon. Just under knee length on me, but I'd be classed as short for a Smurf. Not ££ either.

wildone81 Thu 01-Jan-15 13:35:15

I have a black one from tesco and love it-you just have to make sure it's securely tied! Tesco one's (they do a load of different colours) have a built in bandeau top too so you don't have to go bra-less or worry about back fat! www.clothingattesco.com/f+f-signature/f+f-signature-multiway-maxi-dress/invt/jg411256

SilkStalkings Thu 01-Jan-15 19:32:45

Saw a pantswettingly hilarious burlesque act where the woman went through hundreds of comedy clownish permutations of the 'Limitless Dress'. Even if I could get away without a bra I could no longer wear one with a straight facegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now