Talk

Advanced search

Anyone care to give me their views on this bag?

(25 Posts)
Nospringflower Wed 31-Dec-14 13:43:21

I have gift cards so was thinking about treating myself to this bag but the one review says they don't think it is worth the money. Just wondering if anyone else has a view? I don't usually spend as much as this on a bag so don't want to waste my money but thought it looked nice.
[[ www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Mint+Velvet+Charcoal+Gemma+Duffle+Bag/204439758,default,pd.html ]]

Thanks for any help.

zinnia Wed 31-Dec-14 14:32:59

Can't vouch for the quality but love the style. A decent leather bag is usually around the £100 mark so don't think it's an outrageous amount of money...

KnockMeDown Wed 31-Dec-14 14:56:16

I think it certainly looks lovely, but if you are spending that amount, there is no substitute for having a good look and feel for yourself. You will be able to ascertain the quality straightaway, whether the leather is soft, if the lining is stitched well, if any zips are good quality and not those horrid scratchy ones you often get in less expensive bags.

Have you seen it in RL?

Nospringflower Wed 31-Dec-14 15:28:25

No I haven't seen it in the flesh! Have ordered it online now so will hope for the best and can always return it (although I rarely do as I leave things sitting around too long or run out of things to wear and so shove it one!). Thanks for your help.

HolgerDanske Thu 01-Jan-15 00:44:06

I have it and I like it a lot. The leather is nice and soft.

Couple of niggles, one being it's not a full drawstring bag - only the front section of the bag gathers. But I got used to that pretty quickly.

Biggest nuisance is the little metal bit at the end of each leather band - they click together when you walk which I don't particularly like. But I put up with it because I like the bag.

MrsMarcJacobs Thu 01-Jan-15 14:47:58

Not my thing but it's leather which is always good. I find with reviews people are more likely to post negative reviews. If you like it, go for it.

happyfeet1 Thu 01-Jan-15 14:54:03

I didn't like it when I first clicked on the link but looks nicer on the picture with the model holding it.

I think it's a decent price for a leather bag and can't go wrong with black but the drawstring would put me off.

As long as you like it that's all that matters. Always fun shopping for a new bag. ..enjoy!

HolgerDanske Thu 01-Jan-15 15:59:42

Mind you it's not black. It's a dark grey.

burnishedsilver Thu 01-Jan-15 18:49:34

MV bags are always in lovely soft leather.

PrimalLass Thu 01-Jan-15 22:25:11

I have a similar shape and HATE it. Everything ends up in a big jumble at the bottom and I can't see it because the top is narrower.

Nerf Thu 01-Jan-15 22:29:08

I don't like it, it's very fussy. A bit try hard with the rock chick stuff but a sensible draw string top.
Sorry, it might be gorgeous in real life so definitely worth looking at.

peasandlove Fri 02-Jan-15 02:14:11

I like it

Nospringflower Fri 02-Jan-15 08:47:48

Thanks everyone! Collecting it today so will let you know what I think although clicking as I walk is a bit offputting!

Nospringflower Sat 03-Jan-15 18:05:05

Got it today and it is lovely soft leather. Spotted another black version (without the studs) though so not 100% sure if will swap! Thanks for advice grin

Doobigetta Sat 03-Jan-15 18:27:15

I've got a Mint Velvet shoulder bag in grey leather and suede. The leather is gorgeous- really lovely and soft. It's my favourite weekend/casual bag.

Twinklestein Sat 03-Jan-15 18:35:47

I like it, I prefer the grey to the black - more interesting.

Bartlebee Sat 03-Jan-15 18:44:37

I love that bag & thought I might get it as a Christmas present.

My dh got me a bag, not this one though. (He got me a very, very lovely one but I feel it's too good to use.)

Nerf Sat 03-Jan-15 21:52:39

Link to the other bag op?

Nospringflower Sun 04-Jan-15 09:16:47

This one http://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/ira-black-drawstring-bag/bags/mint-v/fcp-product/4977

Nospringflower Sun 04-Jan-15 09:17:11

Oops [[ http://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/ira-black-drawstring-bag/bags/mint-v/fcp-product/4977 ]]

Nospringflower Sun 04-Jan-15 09:31:08

Last try! www.mintvelvet.co.uk/ira-black-drawstring-bag/bags/mint-v/fcp-product/4977

Nerf Sun 04-Jan-15 12:01:03

Oh that's lovely. Which one are you decided on?

Nospringflower Sun 04-Jan-15 18:28:19

I can't decide! Haven't seen the black one in the flesh so might have to buy it as well and then compare them. But then the black one isn't in House of Fraser so would mean I haven't used my vouchers up!!

Glittermud Sun 04-Jan-15 18:31:26

It's lovely without the studs

bluewisteria Sun 04-Jan-15 22:34:13

Definitely the second one- more stylish, less fussy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now