Talk

Advanced search

Blazer with jumpsuit or other?

(6 Posts)
mowglik Wed 31-Dec-14 10:20:34

I bought a wide leg jumpsuit in the sale from matalan - I love it, it's my first jumpsuit but just wondering what to wear on top. I'm wearing it with a blazer here but not sure it looks right.

Also the legs are really long! Not sure who this jumpsuit was made for :/ going to get it altered but should it skim the ground or rest on the shoe length?

Thanks for any advice smile

zippyrainbowbrite Wed 31-Dec-14 10:26:22

No advice on the blazer, but have you washed it yet? I have one from Forever 21 which was about 3" too long when I bought it, but after washing is the perfect length. Oddly, it didn't shrink anywhere else, and hasn't changed sizes in any washings since! grin

mowglik Wed 31-Dec-14 10:35:09

Hmm that's an idea it would save me taking it to the tailor.. It's a slinky jerseyish fabric though so not sure if it will shrink but will sling it in with the wash today just in case flowers

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 31-Dec-14 10:44:40

Ohh , I think the blazer length would look odd, too tailored, whereas your jumpsuit is flowing.

I'd wear with a long, floaty duster coat (but I'm stuck in my 80s timewarp blush ) and killer heels , as high as you can walk in without mishap.

zinnia Wed 31-Dec-14 11:09:26

I wear my flowy wide-leg jumpsuit with a waist-length fake fur jacket, but reckon any short jacket that ends around the same point would work. You want it to balance the wide silhouette on the bottom half.

Having said that, am going to nick the duster coat idea when the weather warms up!

Slightly too long better than too short on a wide leg style I always think - you can wear higher heels that way.

mowglik Thu 01-Jan-15 11:12:11

Thanks I have a cropped black jacket maybe that will work..i love the idea of a duster coat will have a look at those - it's for a dinner in feb so plenty of time to sort out the outfit! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now