Talk

Advanced search

Aqueous cream, Liz Earle and Eczema

(16 Posts)
pussinboots61 Tue 30-Dec-14 20:03:55

I suffer from eczema and my skin is really sore at the moment. I have been using Liz Earle cleanse and polish for the past month or so and have received lots of compliments on my skin, however I am finding the cloths a bit of a faff, though using the cleanser in itself is easy, it doesn't remove my eye make up thoroughly though.

Anyway someone at work today told me she uses aqueous cream for just about everything, she removes her make up with it and her skin looks lovely. I am tempted to use this myself but have seen bad reports about it on the Internet. It sounds so useful and cheap also.

This lady at work also said she uses Bare Minerals on her skin which again looks lovely but when I have tried a sample it makes my face look powdery.

Any advice please? Would I be better just sticking with Liz Earle?

dexter73 Tue 30-Dec-14 20:06:08

Liz Earle knackered my skin. Are you sure it isn't the LE that is making your skin sore?

ilovepowerhoop Tue 30-Dec-14 20:08:45

aqueous cream is ok used as a cleanser/instead of soap but shouldnt be used as a moisturiser

Wolfiefan Tue 30-Dec-14 20:10:27

What powerhoop said. It's a great soap substitute but not a moisturiser.

Kundry Tue 30-Dec-14 20:20:43

The bad reports are from people using it as a moisturiser.

CleverPlansAndSecretTricks Tue 30-Dec-14 20:29:29

I used to get eczema on my face and tried huge amounts of things over the years. I've found that the best thing for me is to wash it as little as possible (only on the rare days I wear makeup) and use nuxe reve de miel day cream and body shop aloe Vera night mask.

I try to avoid make up as my skin is definitely less good for a few days after, but I think Washing it off is what causes the problems. I use a Khiels face wash for sensitive skin but maybe I need to try something else.

FabulousFudge Tue 30-Dec-14 20:51:53

I use C and P but don't bother with the cloths. It's fine without.

Kundry Tue 30-Dec-14 20:58:19

Dermatologists usually recommend Cetaphil as facial wash - has loads of fans on here, including me smile

Bland, cleans, doesn't dry or strip your skin, big bottle lasts for ages. Lovely.

pussinboots61 Tue 30-Dec-14 21:03:42

Thanks for your replies. What do you use with C and P if you don't use the cloths?

FabulousFudge Tue 30-Dec-14 22:11:11

I just rub it into my face and then wash it off with my hands. Can't be doing with cloths and all that washing!

FabulousFudge Tue 30-Dec-14 22:11:36

Where can you buy Cetaphil?

Kundry Tue 30-Dec-14 22:15:53

Boots - easier to find in a small branch as the bigger ones are all packed full of the big brands. Any local pharmacy will have it.

spandangled Tue 30-Dec-14 22:23:47

I have eczema and aqueous cream + water used as a soap makes my skin right, red and as dry as hell. I used it on my face once and my cheeks were red and sore for days.

The best thing I've found for taking off makeup is simple's range - the purifying cleansing lotion has made the world of difference, it's like taking your makeup off with moisturiser instead of stripping your face to bits! I think sodium laureth sulphate is what aggravates mine and since cutting it out of most things my skin has been MUCH better.

Brillenbar Tue 30-Dec-14 22:29:18

I've had facial eczema from about age 17. Really bad, bleeding weeping eczema, just what a teen really needs ...

Cetaphil is fine you can buy it on amazon. As is body shop calendula balm. I don't find aqueous cream helpful for anything.

If I have a real break out the only thing that calms it down is clarins sensitive range the one with the peach lids. The oil they do us an absolute find, only reason I'm not covered in scars.

Do also be careful with shampoo and washing powder

FabulousFudge Tue 30-Dec-14 23:48:58

Thanks - a trip to Boots for me tomorrow!

Avoiding SLS and SLES in shampoo and shower gel helped me too.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 31-Dec-14 10:55:26

Try Elave. No nasties in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now