Talk

Advanced search

I've gone "mumsy" haven't I...?

(58 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Tue 30-Dec-14 18:18:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Maybe. How long is it likely to be? Worn short with black opaques, a black turtle neck and ankle boots it might look an entirely different beast.

Greengardenpixie Tue 30-Dec-14 18:24:52

I have bought this skirt in the other blue and orange colourway. I like that one but its not good with my colouring. I agree, its all about how its worn!

SinglePringle Tue 30-Dec-14 18:27:49

Oh dear. I'm 45 and wouldn't touch that with my 80 year old mothers wardrobe. Frumpy McFrumpsville.

You did ask...

Boomtownsurprise Tue 30-Dec-14 18:30:14

Good grief that's dire. Just an awful skirt, not that I think it's mumsy.

OutDamnSpot Tue 30-Dec-14 18:31:38

If it is above knee then I think maybe OK if styled the right way but tbh I am 10years older than you and dodge Boden skirts as, although in theory the perfect a-line figure flattering shape for me they remind me too much of what my mum's "stylish" friends wore when I was a teen.

Mind you, I'm probably their age now...

MrsWolowitz Tue 30-Dec-14 18:32:49

TheFillyjonk Tue 30-Dec-14 18:33:43

It reminds me of the girl with the glasses in Scooby Doo - especially when you mentioned wearing it with a roll neck.

Fishandjam Tue 30-Dec-14 18:33:48

I love tweedy/plaid type skirts like that. I'd wear it with a plain jumper and opaque tights, and my trusty knee-high Dr Martens (the classic sort with a gazillion eyelets). I also have very short hair, which makes a difference - whether good or bad is entirely a matter of personal taste.

Pantone363 Tue 30-Dec-14 18:35:50

Past the knee and you are into crying middle class mum off Love Actually territory.

dwarfrabbit Tue 30-Dec-14 18:42:05

Oh God - it comes with matching wellies. For catching chickens and making own bread? Bet you'll make it look cool though!

Saurus72 Tue 30-Dec-14 18:47:30

Not mumsy, just a horrible skirt IMO. I get the whole 'it's how you wear it' view, but for me that skirt is just not rescuable. However, if you like it, you have no worries!

MrsWolowitz Tue 30-Dec-14 18:50:59

The wellies are ridiculous.

The skirt in red tartan would be a million times better imho, but they don't have that.

elQuintoConyo Tue 30-Dec-14 19:33:06

What does 'mumsy' mean? Is it the opposite of 'milf'-y?

I'd wear it, but then I don't give a flying fuck what others think of my clothes grin

* obviously I wouldn't go all matchy-matchy by buying the wellies, too!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Tue 30-Dec-14 19:42:48

I'm 30 and a size 10. I can't decide if I'd wear it or not. I'm leaning towards not. However I'm not very good at jazzing outfits up, so if you're one of those who can add accessories and instantly look 'cool' I think you could pull it off. I mainly live in dark blue skinnies with chunky knitted jumpers in the winter and really need to branch out but I think id definitely look mumsy in that skirt.

Toughasoldboots Tue 30-Dec-14 20:20:41

I have it in black and am ten years older than you andabitbigger.

It is really flattering, I wear it with opaques and ankle boots with a cashmere jumper.

Toughasoldboots Tue 30-Dec-14 20:24:41

It's above my knee and I am 5'4.

Greengardenpixie Tue 30-Dec-14 20:25:55

I dont think any of the models look frumpy wearing it. Nice with tights and boots. I totally disagree with some people posting. If it were below the knee but its 20 inches so well above mine!

Psycobabble Tue 30-Dec-14 20:30:57

I am with the whole it's how you wear it idea

Some stuff looks frumpy yet worn right and on the right looks great

I'm a bit younger than you and a size 12 I could in no way pull that skirt off!

Size 10 and age 30 don't cover up in thick frumpy figure hiding clothes ! Plenty of time for that in the future !! fgrin

MiniTheMinx Tue 30-Dec-14 20:38:12

I quite like it and I am going to disagree with everyone on age. At 30 I would have worn it and 40 I wouldn't. At 30 I could have pulled anything off and still looked 30. At 40 if I wore that I would look frumpy.

PulpsNotFiction Tue 30-Dec-14 20:42:02

I was just looking at it myself but decided it would be too long on me, mind you, I should worry, I see you're only 7" high. You could live in it let alone wear it grin

Rox19 Tue 30-Dec-14 20:45:27

Im your age and wouldn't touch it too frumpy. Like it was in fashion around yr2000? When we were late teens.

Warehouse, oasis, Karen Millen, I shop in these kind of places.

You did ask grin
Send a pic with you wearing it?! As final idea of your look!

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 30-Dec-14 20:48:58

Perhaps you could cancel the order? I wouldn't wear it.

Toughasoldboots Tue 30-Dec-14 20:50:37

Blimey, I thought that I looked quite good in mine hmm (Daily mail sad face)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now