Talk

Advanced search

Tinted moisturiser under foundation - yes or no?

(13 Posts)
HarveySpecter Tue 30-Dec-14 16:34:30

I read an article recently and it seemed to suggest that tinted moisturiser worked under foundation. I like the idea of it but don't want to look like an Oompa Loompa. Has anyone tried it - thoughts please.

polyhymnia Tue 30-Dec-14 16:54:13

No way in my book - far too much faff, plus I wear tinted moisturiser exactly because I don't like the look of foundation on my skin. For me it's serum, them ordinary moisturiser, then tinted moisturiser as/ where needed.

Do sometimes add in primer before the tinted moisturiser and occasionally a little concealer under eyes .

Haroldplaystheharmonica Tue 30-Dec-14 17:49:50

I wear tinted moisturiser every day instead of foundation. I thought that was the point?! However my make-up bag is made up of the cheapest stuff available so might want to ignore me wink

YoungJoseph Tue 30-Dec-14 18:29:19

Seems odd to me especially as some tinted moisturisers are colour matched to your skin. I find that you do need a moisturiser under tinted moisturiser, but then my skin is dry.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 30-Dec-14 18:30:50

No. It's and 'instead of' not an 'as well as', surely?

annabelcaramel Tue 30-Dec-14 18:33:03

Primer yes- some of which do seem to have a bit of a tint; but my research has proved Lancome La Base and Smashbox Photofinish the best. Both clear. Really does improve foundation look and durability.

annabelcaramel Tue 30-Dec-14 18:35:08

harold you are leading the pack! Vogue is raving about Poundland make up, as is Cosmo and others. I have bought some today, will report back.

HarveySpecter Tue 30-Dec-14 18:53:42

Squeezy ??? I did mean "as well as" not "instead of" - just as the article said!

LordEmsworth Tue 30-Dec-14 19:01:30

I have done, occasionally, for special occasions. Now I use a CC cream under foundation for work/formal/"dressing up", and just CC cream at weekends/for casual. It does make a difference, it makes me look absolutely flawless while foundation alone just made me look polished.

Both should match your skintone though, no oompah loompah'ing...

MadameLeBean Tue 30-Dec-14 19:17:33

I second what Lord said. Cc cream under foundation, or on its own. My skin has been way better since I started doing this.

Tinted moisturiser is for the beach only imo

MadameLeBean Tue 30-Dec-14 19:18:20

Although TM is essentially the same thing except way less expensive

OttiliaVonBCup Tue 30-Dec-14 19:21:58

No way.

TM is quite enough as it is, why would I slap foundation on top of it.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Wed 31-Dec-14 09:15:29

Sorry Harvey, I was agreeing that it's a weird idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now