Talk

Advanced search

To think Real Techniques are having a larf?

(10 Posts)
flippinada Tue 30-Dec-14 16:19:59

They have a new line of make up brushes out.

They look lovely and I had a look but the price.... £25 per brush! shock

They must be joking.

Madaboutthrows Tue 30-Dec-14 16:31:20

Superdrug has a RT brush set in last week for less than £25

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 30-Dec-14 16:38:31

YY , I saw that , I think they were on a 3 for 2.
If they've changed their brushes you might pick up a bargain if they sell off some of the older ones?

flippinada Tue 30-Dec-14 19:09:01

Ah no I don't mean the 'normal' ones, they have a new range out at £25 per brush...and also I have far too many make up brushes already.

Annoyingly I now can't find a link which shows the price but this is what they look like:

www.reallyree.com/2014/12/real-techniques-bold-metals-collection.html

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 30-Dec-14 20:14:21

Ooooooooooh you have to admit they are lovely though. Bit like a gold cased lipstick. The actual lippie isn't any better but if you do your make-up in public you'd hope someone was looking wink

flippinada Tue 30-Dec-14 20:41:59

IKWYM smile

They do look gorgeous, I will admit - just shocked at the price! I think it's because RT are seen as an affordable brand. Will be interesting to see if they do well.

TallulahBetty Tue 30-Dec-14 20:54:09

I think these are the ones they've teamed up with Pixiwoo? Might explain the price hike shock

ggirl Tue 30-Dec-14 21:07:37

not only is the price ridiculous but they are selling the same brushes on their american site for the same price in dollars!

flippinada Tue 30-Dec-14 21:37:22

I'm pretty sure Pixiwoo (the two sisters, Sam and Nic) were the ones behind Real Techniques in the first place don't think that would be behind the price hike.

At those prices you could get (for example) Bobbi Brown/MAC brushes... wonder if they are trying to reposition as a high - end brand?

Leviticus Tue 30-Dec-14 23:00:02

YY real techniques is by Pixiwoo, always was.

The new range is a premium one. No idea if it's worth the money, I haven't had the pleasure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now