Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss? Or something completely different?

(15 Posts)
teacoffeesomethingsweet Tue 30-Dec-14 14:42:28

I am trying to achieve a bit of a more polished look. I am not too bad with covering the basics: my nails are usually polished, I've finally found make up that actually stays on my face past lunchtime in the office and I got a few bits and bobs for my wardrobe.
My biggest issue is my hair. I have grown it a bit past shoulder length. It is in not too bad condition, I've had a very decent haircut too. The problem is that it gets very frizzy very easily. I call it "messy straight", it looks ok for about half an hour after I leave the house.
So I want to tackle this. Should I get straighteners, the babyliss thing or is there something else out there that I am completely unaware of?
TIA

ElizabethHoover Tue 30-Dec-14 14:44:54

start brushing it more often then use ahairspray, epecially in the morning, I like Elnett white.
also a good conditioner is great - or an argan oil type thing after you rinse it, doesnt need to be £££

ElizabethHoover Tue 30-Dec-14 14:45:33

i rough dry then schooz with a Babyliss to curl under and smooth the back. Straighteners and that look is very very over ( unless you are super curly)

flux500 Tue 30-Dec-14 14:45:37

Do you already blow dry your hair?

teacoffeesomethingsweet Tue 30-Dec-14 14:47:38

Yes, I blow dry, every fecking day. I leave the house, get on the bus and by the time I get to work I look messy.
I use a few different conditioners but it seems to be making no difference at all..

ElizabethHoover Tue 30-Dec-14 14:48:32

hair spray mate, and are you drying it to DRY? or ' it will do'?

teacoffeesomethingsweet Tue 30-Dec-14 14:49:35

I shall try hair spray. Yes, drying to proper dry, if I don't, it looks messy BEFORE I even leave the house.

ElizabethHoover Tue 30-Dec-14 14:50:51

Good girl wink

teacoffeesomethingsweet Tue 30-Dec-14 14:54:42

Knowing my skills, I'll end up with a helmet style hairdo tomorrow but I will definitely give it a go.

ElizabethHoover Tue 30-Dec-14 14:56:44

no the white one is more flexible.

the other good tip i was given is to keep a small thing of handcream in your bag. do your hands then smooth them over the frizzy bits - its like an ace hair serum.

flux500 Tue 30-Dec-14 14:57:04

tea my hair is the same. I can blow dry it all nice and think I'm looking good and then catch sight of myself in a window or something and realise my hair looks a right mess. I now do use straighteners every time I wash my hair but I pull them under and lift at the roots so as not to get that 'flat' look. I have thought about getting the baby's big hair thingy too and had it in my amazon basket yesterday! Instead I bought a new hair dryer (my one was getting too hot anyway) and decided to see how I do with that. I already use argon oil and I don't think it makes a massive difference, but I do think my hair is still better for using it. That loreal extra ordinary oil is supposed to be good and I thought of getting that after my argon oil had ran out.

teacoffeesomethingsweet Tue 30-Dec-14 15:10:07

I have a few argan oil things for my hair too. I have over £50 to spend on my boots card (stealth boast wink ) so I'll maybe treat myself to the babyliss thing.
I've never been a fan of straighteners look, it doesn't really suit me. So babyliss, hairspray and loads of brushing it is then.

YouThinkImUgly Tue 30-Dec-14 15:13:23

Do you put anything on your hair before you style it? I find that helps immensely with frizz and keeping my hair intact when I step outside.

I really like the Bumble & Bumble repair blow dry (recommended it on another thread recently), but there's all sorts out there, maybe have a look in Boots?

teacoffeesomethingsweet Tue 30-Dec-14 15:23:47

Oooh another very good idea.
My issue with products is that I need a bit of volume too and always worry that I will overdose.

YouThinkImUgly Tue 30-Dec-14 15:31:53

I know what you mean! A tip I always used for volume is blow-drying my hair upside down... No idea if that works for other people though, I do have quite thick hair compared to most!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now