Talk

Advanced search

Orla Kiely Bag - Do I keep it?

(7 Posts)
dalek Tue 30-Dec-14 11:04:50

Have wanted an Orla Kiely bag for a while, for taking out when raining or if I have kindle/ipad with me, but always thought they were quite expensive for what they are.

Anyway ordered this one in the sale www.orlakiely.com/uk.cfm/bags/sale%20-%20etc/14AELIN024/30394/Kelp/

It has just arrived but I am not sure I like it - it seems quite flimsy and quite large. Not sure whether to return it.

Opinions please - be kind

Saurus72 Tue 30-Dec-14 11:32:27

The reason I wouldn't keep it is because I think they look dated and old-fashioned. The stem pattern on oilcloth has been done to death (and I say this as someone who has had OK bags in my wardrobe for the past 8 years). Having said that, I have not found them to be flimsy at all, so if that is your main concern, I would keep it.

WoolyBoots Tue 30-Dec-14 11:41:05

Love it! It would be a keeper for me!

Greengardenpixie Tue 30-Dec-14 11:46:39

The print is ok. I absolutely love orla prints but looking at other sale items the colour and design is not my favourite. There are nicer shapes and designs on the website. I have had a few orla bags. None have been flimsy but the laminate is plasticky and can give it a cheap feel. I sold my bags because one was too large and the other too small. That is personal taste and if it feels too large maybe its not for you?

polyhymnia Tue 30-Dec-14 11:47:24

Agree with Saurus - these have been really done to death for me - and I too have had printed oilcloth bags in past. It wouldn't make me feel good, but tastes are so personal, so if you still love it enough, keep it. But if not, send back, even if it is a bargain, and choose something new.

Georgina1975 Tue 30-Dec-14 11:48:47

I would keep it.

I have had three OK oilcloth bags over the last 10 years - mainly for work and technology (including carriage of quite heavy Mac Pro laptop). They have proved to be extremely robust.

I like the pattern too - nice interpretation of a OK classic (I think of the pattern as "classic" now rather than "done to death" - bit like Marimekko patterns).

dalek Tue 30-Dec-14 14:06:31

Thank you for your thoughts - it is on the kitchen table while i decide. I like the idea of a robust bag but am not sure of the size.

Like Georgina1975 i like the pattern and the colour.

Will decide over the next few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now