Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Laser treatment for thread veins on face? Any advice most welcome.

(6 Posts)
MatildaTheRedNosedReinCat Tue 30-Dec-14 10:39:23

Just that, really. Am just considering this at the moment.

I'm really fed up with my skin. I'm 49, still prone to hormonal spots around my jaw and have always got 'mini'spots looming. I also have these broken thread veins on both cheeks ( not very bad but need makeup to cover). Finally, I have hairs sprouting on my chin which I have decided to definitely get zapped.

I've never had anything more than the very occasional facial which is more pampering than actually doing extractions etc. I'm determined that I will get some of this sorted but need reassuring stories. Or even non reassuring, I guess.

I'm in SW London so any actual recommendations would be even better.

MatildaTheRedNosedReinCat Tue 30-Dec-14 15:00:53

Hopeful Bump.

Steben Tue 30-Dec-14 15:31:44

Marking place for this.....

iwantgin Tue 30-Dec-14 19:08:19

I had a little broken capillary on the tip of my nose lasered off. It took one session only - cost me about £30 ?

My work colleague had gone to the same salon previously with more severe facial thread veins - and hers took about 5 sessions to go away totally.

It definitely works - but be aware that it can look slightly worse before it gets better. I think the laser breaks down the blockage in the capilary, so it looks redder.

MatildaTheRedNosedReinCat Tue 30-Dec-14 19:18:30

Thanks iwantgin, that's really helpful. I've had a medical disaster in the past which has made me very cautious yet I really do want to get this sorted. I need to feel better about myself. I've also got some horrid little hairs on my chin that I want zapped. All these treatments are so expensive so I need to know they work but are safe.

Anyone else had any experiences?

Kennington Fri 06-Feb-15 22:22:51

Hello just had veins removed from face and i currently look a mess. Big purple burn marks. All normal though. I got a doc to do it in Hillingdon. 500 quid all in. Might need a second go but unlikely. You need to take a week of work as the bruising is bad.
Laser is much stronger than IPL. I got a dermatologist who works in the NHS but does this on the side for private patients.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: