Talk

Advanced search

Wavy bob/frizz issues please help!

(7 Posts)
kattykinski Tue 30-Dec-14 09:57:14

I have a chin length blunt cut bob. My hair is naturally straight but will wave if I dry with a diffuser and product. If my hair dries naturally then it has an amount of frizz over the top and especially at the parting. If I use straighteners or a babyliss big hair then I can get it to be nice and smooth with product and a comb of hairspray over the top. However I really like the look of making messy waves with straighteners (a bit like caroline flacks hair). the problem is that when I do this, it seems to dry it out and I get loads of frizz at the parting and over the top and it just looks messy bad instead of messy good. I have tried morrocan oil, frizz control serums or creams over the top but none of them help. What am I doing wrong??

kattykinski Tue 30-Dec-14 11:54:17

Ooh, I forgot to say, I have tried going silicone and sulphate free too but this just made my hair dry...

Ujjayi Tue 30-Dec-14 11:59:07

Try Whipped Creme by Sebastian. My hair is just as you describe. I use this product and it leaves me with really soft hair without frizz or that awful crunchy feeling that some mousses/products give.

Greengardenpixie Tue 30-Dec-14 12:15:35

I posted on another thread. Think it was products for frizz prone easily broken hair. I suffered from bad frizz esp when letting hair dry in. Like you tried everything. Kerastase is by far the best product. Its made my hair doft and shiny.

kattykinski Tue 30-Dec-14 14:09:03

Thanks both - I'll have a look for those products

gotasecretcanyoukeepit Tue 30-Dec-14 14:10:26

Greengarden, which Kerastase products please?smile

Greengardenpixie Tue 30-Dec-14 21:11:42

ive suffered from bad frizz up until recently. The frizz was especially bad strangely at the top of my hair. I could not find anything to get rid of it up until now. It has been a combination of things that has really worked for me. ...my hair is glossy and shiny now. Not sure what was the thing that has made the difference.
1. I had my hair cut at the hairdresser. Just a trim really and reshape.
2. I bought a new hair dryer. A GHD air.
3. I bought kerastase Bain nutri-thermique [yellow with an orange top]
4. I bought kerastase ciment thermique - both kerastase products activate when heat is used like the hairdryer to condition hair. I think they are fabulous products used together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now