Talk

Advanced search

Best products for frizzy easily broken hair?

(11 Posts)
stardusty5 Mon 29-Dec-14 21:39:24

My hair is shoulder length, very wavy and prone to split ends. It looks alright when straightened but i am trying to avoid using heat where possible to try and improve the condition and hopefully grow it a few inches. At the moment, left to its own devices, its too untidy to leave alone for work.

I currently use:
Any shampoo and conditioner; pantene etc
Pantene serum when wet and a little when styling
Heat protector spray
Elnett hairspray

I try to leave it to air dry as often as possible but usually have to blow dry then either put up or straighten.

Does anyone have any wonder products they could reccommend please?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 29-Dec-14 21:47:45

My DD has long straight hair, she loves the Dove Hair Oil.
(£10ish in Boots but I saw it in Sainsburys for £5 recently)

bluewisteria Mon 29-Dec-14 21:54:25

Use the curly girl method... Have a google, it is brilliant. Plus coconut oil, changed my life!!

Pixa Mon 29-Dec-14 21:58:21

Coconut oil has another rave review here. I also use some shampoo from the body shop which has no sulphates etc. Massive change to my hair.

Greengardenpixie Mon 29-Dec-14 22:03:20

Ive suffered from bad frizz up until recently. The frizz was especially bad strangely at the top of my hair. I could not find anything to get rid of it up until now. It has been a combination of things that has really worked for me. ...my hair is glossy and shiny now. Not sure what was the thing that has made the difference.
1. I had my hair cut at the hairdresser. Just a trim really and reshape.
2. I bought a new hair dryer. A GHD air.
3. I bought kerastase Bain nutri-thermique [yellow with an orange top]
4. I bought kerastase ciment thermique - both kerastase products activate when heat is used like the hairdryer to condition hair. I think they are fabulous products used together.

Greengardenpixie Mon 29-Dec-14 22:03:59

oh and btw....hairspray is especially drying for hair.

Kundry Mon 29-Dec-14 22:05:31

Your hair sounds v similar to mine.

My holy grail has been:

cut it shorter and into layers
embrace your waves- never straighten it
dry it naturally
avoid SLS
my hair loves silicones, others swear by avoiding them!
use a serum or oil (John Frieda Frizz-Ease is still fabulous)

I love pretty much everything in the L'Oreal Ever range - SLS free and numerous products designed for wavy hair.
Currently have EverPure Volume Shampoo and EverRiche Nourishing and Flowing Conditioner

Have tried the Bodyshop's Rainforest range - everyone on here loved it, I found it turned my hair into dry twigs.

stardusty5 Mon 29-Dec-14 22:52:22

Thanks for the replies, plenty to try on my shopping list! smile

StepAwayFromTheMincePies Tue 30-Dec-14 13:58:00

sounds odd but have a look on tailgator for the horse shampoo conditioners protien rebuilder and gloss sprays they can be used on humans and have transformed my frizzy thick hair.

pinkrocker Tue 30-Dec-14 14:34:11

Redken All Soft ! transformed my hair. Deep conditioner is amazing, to be used sparingly though.
I especially love their "Velvet Whip" stuff from the same range, like a styling cream that totally kills the frizz smile just a shame it's been discontinued (but sometimes it's available on eBay)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 30-Dec-14 16:49:05

Bodyshop Rainforest does my hair no favours either sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now