Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to Black or Brown boots?

(8 Posts)
Storytown Mon 29-Dec-14 16:40:19

I'm specifically looking for ankle or biker boots that will mostly be worn with jeans.

I was assessed as a summer a couple of years ago and whilst I'm not completely convinced about the whole HoC thing, it is certainly true that knowing my colours has enabled me to build a wardrobe where everything works together. Except shoes. Black and brown don't feature in my wardrobe. Has anyone seen any fab boots that aren't black or brown?

I have some Navy knee length boots which do with most things but not sure about navy with denim?

Greengardenpixie Mon 29-Dec-14 16:55:27

I have seen grey suede boots, navy suede boots...

www.ashfootwear.co.uk/womens-c1/ash-feeling-ankle-boots-black-suede-p1278

www.ashfootwear.co.uk/womens-c1/ash-feeling-ankle-boots-midnight-suede-p1277

www.whitestuff.com/womens/shoes-boots/navy-brooklyn-buckle-ankle-boot/

www.whitestuff.com/womens/shoes-boots/grey-bryony-ankle-boot/

www.whitestuff.com/womens/shoes-boots/red-tabby-mid-heel-ankle-boot/

www.next.co.uk/x55308s1#691748x55

www.next.co.uk/x555310s1#380420x55

www.next.co.uk/x555312s2#742575x55

www.next.co.uk/x555310s4#694958x55

Greengardenpixie Mon 29-Dec-14 16:57:30

www.ashfootwear.co.uk/womens-c1/ash-jess-boots-black-suede-p1324

I have seen the ash boots in the first link in grey...sorry meant to post them in grey but they are obviously black!!!

Surely brown or black boots plus blue denim and whatever colour top you fancy would be okay?

Otherwise how about grey or oxblood boots?

Greengardenpixie Mon 29-Dec-14 17:00:13

I wear black and brown boots all the time!!! I do like grey suede and love blue as well but do think that black and brown are fine smile

msfreud Mon 29-Dec-14 17:10:28

I'm not sure which colours are HoC summer but I love my teal boots. Metallic leather like pewter also goes with most clothes. Or tan leather goes better with denim than brown.

MrsPeacockDidIt Mon 29-Dec-14 17:50:20

I have these which I have gotten so much wear out of. They are very comfy too.

MrsPeacockDidIt Mon 29-Dec-14 17:52:01

Post above is for grey ankle boots. I also have several pairs of blue ankle boots. I am an HOC spring so wear a lot of grey and blue and no browns at all. Black boots I still wear too with grey outfits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now