Talk

Advanced search

Help required please, male make up fetish ��

(13 Posts)
CuriousLad Sun 28-Dec-14 22:44:29

I'm new and this is my first post. I'm a heterosexual male with a make up fetish and crossdressing fetish, What do women think about it ??? And is there anyone out there who would assist me in this or any advise.

AuntieStella Sun 28-Dec-14 22:46:54

What are you asking for? Make up tips?

You'll have to give more info on the look you want to achieve.

divingoffthebalcony Sun 28-Dec-14 22:49:28

Not sure why you're posting on Mumsnet - there are lots of forums and YouTube channels devoted to make up out there on the Internet.

HoHonutty Sun 28-Dec-14 22:50:43

Very nice.

TheSpottedZebra Sun 28-Dec-14 22:51:21

When trying on a new foundation, be sure to check the match in natural light.

That kind of advice?

CuriousLad Sun 28-Dec-14 22:52:16

Just not sure what the females of this world thinks about it.

divingoffthebalcony Sun 28-Dec-14 23:02:22

I've never actually heard of cross dressing and make up wearing being referred to as a "fetish" (and I have a transgender friend) so if you're looking to get your rocks off somehow, I'm really not sure we can help.

Fozzleyplum Sun 28-Dec-14 23:03:32

Lot of info on this if you Google it, unless of course you're a journo looking for fresh material.....

CuriousLad Sun 28-Dec-14 23:09:41

Ok sorry fetish is prob the wrong phrase to use and sorry if I've offended you. Not trying to get my rocks off, I'm no journo either.

peasandlove Mon 29-Dec-14 00:06:34

Im not sure what I think of it, it's not something I have really seen other than on trans people. But I have a live and let live attitutude, so it's not a big deal.
How do you feel about it? are you going to wear makeup out in public or at home?

Fozzleyplum Mon 29-Dec-14 10:17:16

OP, your question is a very general one. If you've not openly cross dressed before, you'll need to be ready to deal with the reactions of family and friends, as well as the general public.

I anticipate that you'll find a more accepting attitude on Mumsnet than you might encounter in the street Also, I suspect much will depend on the area where you live. For example, you're likely to have less hassle if you live in a city than you might initially in, say, a small provincial town.

The issue of cross dressing has IMO become far less "snigger worthy" in recent years. People like Grayson Perry and Eddie Izzard (and David Walliams with his "Boy in the Dress" book) have demonstrated that cross dressers are just normal people who sometimes dress as members of the opposite sex.

Ujjayi Mon 29-Dec-14 11:12:30

If you are looking for make up advice I would suggest heading to your local MAC counter. Even in our relatively provincial town, I have often seen men getting make-overs & advice. Alternatively, visit the MAC store in Covent Garden.

To answer your question: I & my close friends don't have any issue with cross dressing. However we are mostly creatives & I think that does make a difference. IMO you are likely to come across bigotry & abuse in smaller, provincial places.

hydeparkhottie Mon 29-Dec-14 16:53:25

I wish my husband wanted to wear a bit of foundation, bronzer and some eyebrow pencil...he'd look super hot.

He let me doll him up once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now