Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm 13.5 stone. Fuck. Belly overhang....?

(14 Posts)
FergusSingsTheBlues Sun 28-Dec-14 18:59:24

Just wanted to share as I can't fess this up in RL. And I dont look it, I m a 14, weirdly.

But.....fuuuuuck. Had an 11lb baby by section last year, prepregweight was 9 stone.

So.

What can be don't about severe belly overhang wrt excercuses etc? Because on careful analysis over tea n cake, i e realized that ultimately my motivation melts the minute i cast my eyes south.

Pregnantagain7 Sun 28-Dec-14 19:08:38

Me too. It's shit isn't it?!

I also had a big baby last year (10lb 8) not by section though so my tummy is not the only thing that needs tightening grin
I also had a baby 10 weeks ago. (Yes I'm mad)
I joined slimming world in November and managed to lose 1stone 3lbs before Xmas plan to carry on in the new year and start gentle exercise.

I will not stay this weight I will be at my 9stone 10 lb target by the time I'm a bridesmaid in May!

LeapingOverTheWall Sun 28-Dec-14 19:19:14

I have post-section belly overhang, but as DD3 is now 12 blush I need to find another excuse grin.

DustBunnyFarmer Sun 28-Dec-14 19:23:09

I want to know how you shift the post-CS overhang, or whether when your belly eventually deflates you ever get shot of it. My youngest is nearly 7. I recently realised I'm going to have to do something about it - I'm going to give Slimming World a try.

By the way, I'd give my right arm to only weight 13.5 stone, if that makes you feel better OP.

impatienceisavirtue Sun 28-Dec-14 19:47:39

I had a 10 and a half pounder years ago. I was a size 8 pre pregnancy with bad genetics as far as skin tone. Went up to about a size 16 :/

Fortunately I was very ill after which helped the weight loss. I got back to a size 10 and stayed that way, fluctuating to a 12 for a bit post dc2 and dc3, but what I will say is that the overhang does improve with time. Not immediately with the weight loss as it's generally more excess skin than anything. But it does get better on it's own to a degree. You would never have any idea I had one at all with clothes on.

although I'm pregnant again and going to be a 16 again at the rate I'm eating

impatienceisavirtue Sun 28-Dec-14 19:48:45

Just realised how that looks - the face was for me doubling in size so quickly not a face at the size 16 iygwim!

DustBunnyFarmer Sun 28-Dec-14 19:52:37

Does the overhang skin end up like a deflated balloon or does it shrink back to some degree? Sorry to be asking about this in such detail, but it worries me and I don't have anyone I can ask in real life. It's not a good look with a fleshy wobbly belly, but the idea of a deflated one seems even more unappealing.

DustBunnyFarmer Sun 28-Dec-14 19:54:09

Is everyone else getting the 'before and after' belly in the ad photo to the right of this thread, by the way?

PlumpingUpPartridge Sun 28-Dec-14 19:55:49

I've always had an overhanging belly - first noticed it at age 12 sad

It's not improved 2 DC later, even without c-sections.

Exercise recommendations would be warmly welcomed!!

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Sun 28-Dec-14 20:00:16

I went from an 8 to a 16 in my first pregnancy and lost it all. My tummy still had an odd bump at the scar, but nothing horrible - and not like loose skin.

It can be done - just don't hate yourself and if you want to do it, perhaps start at Easter and give yourself a summer deadline like a holiday to lose the weight by? Just eat with your child and small portions, no snacks (stick to bananas etc for them) and drink loads of water, stay busy and active. I suggest Easter as a kick off date as it's far too hard to diet when it's this cold!

I'm pregnant again and up to at least a 12 at only 16 weeks, no obvious bump but just a bit fatter all over and it doesn't suit me at all, I'm quite depressed about it his time round - I enjoyed my changing body the first time but it's just a means to an end this time - a beautiful healthy baby.

So don't pressure yourself, but it can be done even if you're not Victoria Beckham. No reason to hang on to pregnancy weight if you give yourself a bit of a kick about it - as a previous poster has pointed out, it becomes easy to blame pregnancy for those extra pounds where actually just cutting back and you'd be your ore pregnancy size again, nothing to do with the pregnancy.

DustBunnyFarmer Sun 28-Dec-14 20:05:14

Thanks MakeMeWarm. Good to know it can be got rid of.

impatienceisavirtue Sun 28-Dec-14 20:11:10

I've got some loose skin, but it's no big deal. Hides my scar at least ha ha ha! It gets worse if I put on weight obviously but at my thinnest i just tuck it into my knickers

DustBunnyFarmer Sun 28-Dec-14 20:17:58

at my thinnest i just tuck it into my knickers

That just made me chuckle, impatience. Thank you for your honesty. I should give the weight loss a serious try and deal with whatever transpires.

Minshu Mon 29-Dec-14 00:19:13

I lost a lot of weight bf'ing in the year after my CS and the overhang all but disappeared. Now I'm back to my own "normal" proportions, the overhang is back. I have reasonable abs underneath, so need to up my cardio and reduce my intake to shift that weight again. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now