Talk

Advanced search

Waterproof Warm Long Coats - website recommendations please

(13 Posts)
RandomMess Sun 28-Dec-14 16:51:13

I found some really nice coats via a thread many months ago on here, have searched but can't find it now, nor the websites!

I'm looking for a warm and very waterproof long coat that doesn't drown me completely!

carrielou2007 Sun 28-Dec-14 17:44:26

Was it the one from few years ago? Called waterproof bum coveting coats or something?? I bought two Merrel coats on the back of it! They've gone now, I have a Barbour Artic Parka and a superdry super hooded wind parka both waterproof and warm and a million other a selection of waterproof not warm coats too grin

RandomMess Sun 28-Dec-14 18:23:19

No in the last 6 months! Will look at Barbour Artic, there was one retailer that sold several different brands that looked hopeful and under £100!

KatieKaye Sun 28-Dec-14 18:26:17

I got a North Face knee length hooded number before Christmas and have been living in it. Gorgeous and warm and waterproof too.

rosyrose79 Sun 28-Dec-14 19:14:15

I've read some of the waterproof coat threads on here too, from what I can remember North Face Arctic Parka was recommended a lot but pricey, Target Dry Georgia Parka is loved by a lot of mumsnetters (doesn't work for me, too stiff and shiny toggles)...Jack Wolfskin Icegaurd was mentioned as well and its warm but not fully waterproof and Merrell Ellenwood/Haven. Like carrie I also have the Superdry Parka, bought it recently and love it!! Although after reading these coat threads I now have a Target Dry Parka to sell on ebay as it doesn't suit me however much I try...my advice is to try different ones out first and see what works best for you.

atoughyear Sun 28-Dec-14 19:15:57

Didrickson.

DarkBlueEyes Sun 28-Dec-14 19:18:12

Lands end stadium squall coat. End of.

RandomMess Sun 28-Dec-14 19:30:42

OMG the Lands end stadium squall coat, fits the bill but not as stylish as I'd like, not in my colours but it comes in a petite and I'm a short arse and its half price - eek!

msfreud Sun 28-Dec-14 20:20:22

Is this the thread you're looking for? www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1024935-WATERPROOF-bum-covering-COATS-I-am-doing-the-research-so

notjustamummythankyou Sun 28-Dec-14 23:32:02

I think I bought my coat after reading the thread freud mentioned. Mine is a Merrell Haven - very warm, waterproof, covers bum, hood stays put, etc etc.

I picked mine up on ebay for £90 bnwt.

RandomMess Mon 05-Jan-15 22:02:35

Well my coat has arrived, I look like a plum coloured Christmas tree - it looks pretty hideous on me - the way it triangulates out confused

Wolfiefan Mon 05-Jan-15 22:04:24

I bought a marmot chelsea coat. Toasty!

woollyjo Mon 05-Jan-15 22:07:24

Take a look at sea salt, based in Cornwall, they guarantee waterproofness the one I have is warm too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now