Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Waterproof Warm Long Coats - website recommendations please

(13 Posts)
RandomMess Sun 28-Dec-14 16:51:13

I found some really nice coats via a thread many months ago on here, have searched but can't find it now, nor the websites!

I'm looking for a warm and very waterproof long coat that doesn't drown me completely!

carrielou2007 Sun 28-Dec-14 17:44:26

Was it the one from few years ago? Called waterproof bum coveting coats or something?? I bought two Merrel coats on the back of it! They've gone now, I have a Barbour Artic Parka and a superdry super hooded wind parka both waterproof and warm and a million other a selection of waterproof not warm coats too grin

RandomMess Sun 28-Dec-14 18:23:19

No in the last 6 months! Will look at Barbour Artic, there was one retailer that sold several different brands that looked hopeful and under £100!

KatieKaye Sun 28-Dec-14 18:26:17

I got a North Face knee length hooded number before Christmas and have been living in it. Gorgeous and warm and waterproof too.

rosyrose79 Sun 28-Dec-14 19:14:15

I've read some of the waterproof coat threads on here too, from what I can remember North Face Arctic Parka was recommended a lot but pricey, Target Dry Georgia Parka is loved by a lot of mumsnetters (doesn't work for me, too stiff and shiny toggles)...Jack Wolfskin Icegaurd was mentioned as well and its warm but not fully waterproof and Merrell Ellenwood/Haven. Like carrie I also have the Superdry Parka, bought it recently and love it!! Although after reading these coat threads I now have a Target Dry Parka to sell on ebay as it doesn't suit me however much I try...my advice is to try different ones out first and see what works best for you.

atoughyear Sun 28-Dec-14 19:15:57

Didrickson.

DarkBlueEyes Sun 28-Dec-14 19:18:12

Lands end stadium squall coat. End of.

RandomMess Sun 28-Dec-14 19:30:42

OMG the Lands end stadium squall coat, fits the bill but not as stylish as I'd like, not in my colours but it comes in a petite and I'm a short arse and its half price - eek!

msfreud Sun 28-Dec-14 20:20:22

Is this the thread you're looking for? www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1024935-WATERPROOF-bum-covering-COATS-I-am-doing-the-research-so

notjustamummythankyou Sun 28-Dec-14 23:32:02

I think I bought my coat after reading the thread freud mentioned. Mine is a Merrell Haven - very warm, waterproof, covers bum, hood stays put, etc etc.

I picked mine up on ebay for £90 bnwt.

RandomMess Mon 05-Jan-15 22:02:35

Well my coat has arrived, I look like a plum coloured Christmas tree - it looks pretty hideous on me - the way it triangulates out confused

Wolfiefan Mon 05-Jan-15 22:04:24

I bought a marmot chelsea coat. Toasty!

woollyjo Mon 05-Jan-15 22:07:24

Take a look at sea salt, based in Cornwall, they guarantee waterproofness the one I have is warm too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: