Talk

Advanced search

I'm going to pamper myself tonight with whatever i have in the house

(12 Posts)
WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Sun 28-Dec-14 15:48:11

Time of the month, feeling crap, still in jammies and not leaving the house, have the place to myself so i'm going to run a bath and give my skin/hair/face/nails some long over due attention. But i have nothing beyond basic shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser. Is there anything i might Have in the kitchen, medicine cupboard, etc that might do an ok job at pampering? Particularly anything i could put in the bath to make it smell nice?

HollyJollyXmas Sun 28-Dec-14 15:50:40

Oil for a bath? That will make your skin lovely and soft. Dont wash your hair in that water, though.

Salt or sugar make a good body scrub when mixed with some oil, too.

Coconut oil is a fab intensive hair conditioner if you have any in.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Sun 28-Dec-14 15:54:04

Dont have any coconut oil but possibly have some sweet almond or jojoba. Would they do? Have sugar too.

chocnomorechoc Sun 28-Dec-14 16:04:04

aspirin face mask is ace

WhyIRayLiotta Sun 28-Dec-14 16:06:05

Use the sweet almond oil to do a hot cloth cleanse in your face. Your skin will glow afterwards.

WhyIRayLiotta Sun 28-Dec-14 16:06:34

**on your face! Oops smile

Mrsgrumble Sun 28-Dec-14 16:07:56

I have a huge bottle of almond oil exactly what do you do to hot cleanse

GlitzAndGigglesx Sun 28-Dec-14 16:08:19

Get yourself on YouTube it's amazing what some of them mix together for face and hair masks. I once mixed salt grains with honey for an exfoliator. It done the trick but was a bit of a nightmare to wash off

WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Sun 28-Dec-14 16:10:25

Thanks glitz will try youtube. And thanks to others.

opalsandsilver Sun 28-Dec-14 16:14:32

Do you have honey and brown sugar? Those combined make a lovely hand scrub. Follow with hand cream and a manicure.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Sun 28-Dec-14 16:19:54

I have only white sugar. Not sure about honey. Will have to check.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Sun 28-Dec-14 23:30:25

well I had a hoke in the cupboards and found squeezy honey, white sugar, jojoba oil, porridge oats and mayonnaise and a banana.

so I put the oil in the bath, lit some candles, mashed up the banana with mayo and put it on my wet hair. mixed the porridge with honey and scrubbed my face then rinsed and applied some of the banana and mayo mix to my face and left it on. then mixed sugar with some oil and scrubbed my whole body. then I soaked and soaked and soaked and rinsed it all off. shampooed and conditioned and moisturised and i feel fab. ive done my nails now too while homeland was on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now