Talk

Advanced search

Nars Illuminator?

(8 Posts)
Kittykat7 Sun 28-Dec-14 12:05:20

Has anyone tried Nars Illuminator? I'm currently using Clarins Instant Light Perfector but I would like to try something else? I like a dewy look as I wear mineral powder so I would put it over my moisturiser.

thisissohard Sun 28-Dec-14 12:14:54

Kittykat7- you need Dior Glow Maximiser. Seriously, this product is awesome. Apply after moisturiser and before makeup. Looks scarily sheeny on it's own, but one the foundation is on. it makes skin look alive, and lit from within. Can't comment on the NARS as never used it, but I think the Dior is the way to go.

southeastastra Sun 28-Dec-14 12:16:54

yes i have it in copacabana as i'm very pale, would high recommend it's ace

Kittykat7 Sun 28-Dec-14 12:26:25

Thanks I'll check out the Dior. I'll see if I can get samples. I seem to be react with products if there is too much alcohol in them. We have Mecca store that give out samples so I'll get that shade in the Nars illuminator.

coffeenut Sun 28-Dec-14 12:46:45

I have copacanana too - not overwhelmed by it!

applesnbears Sun 28-Dec-14 16:11:20

Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light is beautiful if you want a dewy look.. Not shimmery and gives you a real lit from within glow.

ZacharyQuack Sun 28-Dec-14 22:32:36

I have Copacobana in the multiple and love it. It's more useful for striping on specific areas than all over.

Cheaper options to the Clarins would be L'Oreal Lumi something (in a skinny white pump bottle) or Revlons Skinlights. Both good for mixing with foundation, or with primer for a more subtle look.

Kittykat7 Mon 29-Dec-14 02:07:37

Thanks for all recommendations. I was looking at the Ambient lighting powder as they sell that in Mecca. Also the Multiple. I'll check out the Revlon Skinlights. I've tried the Loreal Lumi but seem to react to it but I did like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now