Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on this bag please

(24 Posts)
MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Sun 28-Dec-14 08:53:43

Hello. I am after a non branded lovely leather black tote/shopper. I'd like it to be quite large in size, smart (ish) without being structured. I saw this and thought hmmmmm. I'd love some opinions please: www.plumo.com/products/Croco-Black-Shopper.html

Bowchickawowow Sun 28-Dec-14 08:56:12

I personally don't like the "croc" effect on the bag. I think it would look more classic if it were plain. But it ticks all your other boxes and is reduced!

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 28-Dec-14 08:57:08

I like everything bar the texture would prefer something smooth

I have something similar from john Lewis. Have you Looked there?

NotInGuatemalaNowDrRopata Sun 28-Dec-14 09:18:25

It's nice, but I see it's unlined. I bought an unlined leather bag and everything gets covered in little tiny bits of leather - very annoying.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Sun 28-Dec-14 09:20:14

I think it's horrible. Badly proportioned and very dull.

MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Sun 28-Dec-14 10:11:44

Thank you everyone for your comments. I appreciate them.

That's interesting that you say it's badly proportioned Doesnt. I really like the size of tis bag, the fact that it's not too rectangular and very obviously East-West or North-South.

More importantly, I like the fact that it's got a hand handle that can go over the shoulder but it also has a long strap to go across the body.

I have looked in John Lewis but haven't seen anything suitable at all. I have been after a bag like this for ages, you know, a good quality understated classic. No logos, no bling, just great design and great quality leather.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 28-Dec-14 11:00:40

is this too small?

MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Sun 28-Dec-14 11:11:31

Gobblin hi thanks, I don't dislike that bag at all, it just isn't what I'm after. I can't explain why. I wish I could so I could find my bag once and for all!

MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Sun 28-Dec-14 11:15:27

I guess this bag is very near what I want, except for the logo and of course the price!!
shop-hers.com/products/6896-90210-prada-tote?utm_campaign=share_product_linkback&utm_source=share_pinterest_linkback

bonhomme Sun 28-Dec-14 11:38:17

It's just OK - it's a large black bag.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Sun 28-Dec-14 11:42:49

That's interesting that you say it's badly proportioned Doesnt. I really like the size of tis bag, the fact that it's not too rectangular and very obviously East-West or North-South.

It just looks wrong to me and I'm not entirely sure why. The short strap is a little too short for the size of the bag I think. I'm not sure it's the squareness of the bag alone. Something about it bugs me! grin

Cheesymonster Sun 28-Dec-14 12:02:20

I really like it.

Shopgirl1 Sun 28-Dec-14 12:58:26

I like that Plumo bag. The fact it's not lined is the only thing I don't like about it.

hopefulpuffin Sun 28-Dec-14 13:06:21

Have you looked at Lodis?

www.lodis.com/womens-handbags/shoulder-bags/geneva-agota-tote/6554

kissmasfairy Sun 28-Dec-14 13:12:57

I like it. I especially like the croc finish. In fact I really like it and am now cross I can't afford it!

Gingerbreadlattelover Sun 28-Dec-14 13:16:20

I like it too.

Bellerina2 Sun 28-Dec-14 13:22:13

If I was paying £95 for a bag I would expect it to be lined. Also what is a raw finish?

MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Sun 28-Dec-14 20:19:54

What do you think of this one? (notice the budget has gone up by 100% grin)

https://www.mimiberry.co.uk/shop/product/thurloe-in-black

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Sun 28-Dec-14 20:26:23

Infinitely nicer IMO smile

polyhymnia Sun 28-Dec-14 21:09:27

Yes, much nicer.

PrimroseEverdeen Sun 28-Dec-14 21:21:01

I really like it!

MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Sun 28-Dec-14 22:22:03

I like it too but the fabric lining really puts me off. It looks so twee.

MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Mon 29-Dec-14 11:46:55

What do you think of this one?
www.coccinelle.com/gb_en/bags/tote-bags/tote-bag-in-saffiano-leather-1317.html

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Mon 29-Dec-14 12:13:58

Nicer than the first but I preferred the less rigid look of the last one.

I think I know what I found wrong with the first one now - it was the proportion of the handle to the bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now