Talk

Advanced search

Is face powder a good idea?

(11 Posts)
Chimichangaz Sat 27-Dec-14 23:47:59

I really like a foundation that gives a dewy look, although as I have a t-zone which gets very oily (still - and I'm 49 FFS!) I tend to use a light dusting of powder. Still have to blot during the day though. I know the 'solution' would be to use a matt foundation but I don't want to. I think they look really cakey. I used to use an ELF powder (similar to mineral booster) but the last one I got from there seems really heavy and giving me the cakey look I hate. Going shopping tomorrow and wondered if a) powder is the best option and b) if so, which ones are recommended.

TIA

Iatemyskinnyperson Sat 27-Dec-14 23:53:51

There's one by Soap & Glory that's really nice- Kick Ass powder. Not at all cakey. In boots

impatienceisavirtue Sun 28-Dec-14 00:02:00

I swear by mac's finishing powder stuff.

TheOldestCat Sun 28-Dec-14 00:14:37

Powder is good - but don't apply with the sponge thing, use a brush for a light dusting. Helps when you remember to apply it (I rarely do!). I have Stila pressed powder, which is lovely.

RonaldMcDonald Sun 28-Dec-14 00:16:24

i use prep and prime for my oily face
powder makes me look like barbara cartland

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sun 28-Dec-14 00:21:23

A foundation with a more velvet finish might be better rather than a straight matte or full on dewy?

If I powder I use a very light dusting of Laura Mercier mineral powder foundation with a big fluffy brush (at the mo it is the real techniques face brush but it is far too big, tbh). If I'm really oily, I use MACs Blot pressed powder.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sun 28-Dec-14 00:22:43

Sorry, I use the LM powder over the top of my liquid foundation, as a very fine 'fix' and 'finish' layer.

Chimichangaz Sun 28-Dec-14 09:11:15

Yes Ronald I know that Barbara Cartland look!

Forgot to say I prefer a loose powder, the MAC one looks good but no stockist today so may buy online.

Thanks ladies! flowers

ZacharyQuack Sun 28-Dec-14 10:51:35

I love NARS loose powder (light reflecting something, it's white and invisible) I use the Real Techniques Setting Brush to apply it under eyes and on T zone. It stops me getting oily and looks all glowy and natural.

Ohbollocksandballs Sun 28-Dec-14 10:54:07

I love the Urban decay, no idea what it's called but the packaging is purple and it's white (doesn't go on that colour obviously)

beadybaby Sun 28-Dec-14 11:30:19

Mac's Studio Fix powder compact- covers everything and lasts all day. Anyone I recommend it to is a convert.

Buy on line if you can though as I often go without because I can't face the awful, awful staff at Mac counters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now